Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [IL] Hygiene for Mermaids drop double the speed

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.12.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions Realm of magic, parenthood, vampire, dine-out, spa day tiny living, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, kids, romantic stuff, movie hangout, cool kitchen and perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a mermaid
What happens when the bug occurs? The hydration goes down double time
What do you expect to see? The hygiene going down at a normal speed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent anniversary patch

She is also pregnant I don't know if that's impacting anything.

Message 1 of 14 (1,340 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mermaid Hygiene

Community Manager (retired)

As far as I know this is the intended design for mermaids and has always worked this way. Hydration is supposed to decrease relatively fast when mermaids aren't in water. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 13 of 14 (1,448 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@maeve3107 Could be the pregnancy has an influence. Could you check if it continues once the child is born and let me know ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,323 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I waited until the baby was born and then even waited until the moodlets wore out but the hydration is still going down really fast, the toddler is also a mermaid but it doesn't seem to have the same issue as a mum.
Message 3 of 14 (1,304 Views)

Hero
@maeve3107 Could you create a different mermaid to see if that has the same ?

What traits does the mermaid have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (1,296 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict both other mermaids I created have the same issue, the first mermaid also had the traits active, childish and child of the ocean.
Message 5 of 14 (1,292 Views)

Hero
@maeve3107 Do they all have those traits ? What if you create one with totally different traits ?

(I can't test myself atm)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,280 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I just randomized the mermaid's traits so they were all different but it still happens. It also happens whether they are created in cas or through the kelp.
Message 7 of 14 (1,248 Views)

Hero
@maeve3107 Ok, few more questions for you.

To be clear: We're talking about hydration. You do have a hydration bar for your mermaids and not hygiene ?

What do you mean by double the speed ? Double compared to hygiene on non-mermaids or double compared to what it was before ? Do you mean they have two arrows for hydration going down ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,152 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict yes sorry its hydration, I forgot it was different for mermaids for a minute but it's definitely hydration.

They have the two arrows and it decreases at double the speed then any other need bar does.
Message 9 of 14 (1,129 Views)

★★ Apprentice
As an add on the mermaid child also seems to have the same issues except for the fact that it is the hygiene bar going doing double time (two arrows).
Message 10 of 14 (1,112 Views)