Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [IL] Cant place floor tiles on sand in Sulani lots with sand/water

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Any of the lots in Sulani that are sand/water will not allow you to place floor tiles directly on the sand.
What happens when the bug occurs? Trying to place any floor tile directly on the sand in the sand/water lots in Sulani does not work.
What do you expect to see? I'm expecting to see whatever floor tile I choose, but instead nothing happens, not even an error message. It's as if Maxis has disabled this feature on these specific lots and didn't tell us. Once I build some kind of foundation, I can use floor tiles though, but I cannot use them directly on the sand.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Sims 4 Island Living

I cannot place any floor tiles on Sulani lots that are sand/water; i.e., I cannot place any floor tiles on the sand. If I want to make walkways, I have to use terrain paints (which I hate because I'm not good at that).

Message 1 of 9 (2,758 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot place floor tiles directly on sand in Sulani lots that are sand/water

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @stv_strm  @nualla_6109  @crinrict 

This is by design.  EDIT: The game doesn't allow tile placement on the terrain of Sulani sand/water lots.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (2,679 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cannot place floor tiles directly on sand in Sulani lots that are sand/water

Hero
@nualla_6109 Pretty sure someone reported this before and it was deemed as by design. Can't currently find the thread though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,743 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Thank you. I did a search and couldn't find anything on the subject.
Message 3 of 9 (2,732 Views)

Hero
@nualla_6109 Yeah, I can't find it either atm. Maybe it was a the officials or on Twitter.
I'll get back to you when I find some info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,730 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I think it might have been me you saw on Twitter or the Sims forums... Something like: of 8 out of the 14 lots in IL have build restrictions- no basements, in-ground pools, terrain editing, and I can't place floor tiles without a foundation... I don't know if it was by design, but it certainly feels like a design decision.
Message 5 of 9 (2,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @stv_strm  @nualla_6109  @crinrict 

This is by design.  EDIT: The game doesn't allow tile placement on the terrain of Sulani sand/water lots.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 9 (2,680 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@nualla_6109 quick note use the foundation tool to build on sand water tile.
Message 7 of 9 (2,673 Views)

★ Guide
@SimQARobo Thank you very much!!
Message 8 of 9 (2,625 Views)

★ Guide
@Sid1701d9 Great idea!
Message 9 of 9 (2,624 Views)