[BY DESIGN] Household Members Aren't Maintaining Friendships (from library)

by SweetieWright_84

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Household Members Aren't Maintaining Friendships (from library

★★★★ Guide
I think I've started noticing this issue too while I was doing my CAS makeover project. I could've sworn a played household I saved with high relationships ended up resetting themselves to default when they're placed into a new file. This I always knows happens all the time to couples who are simply boyfriend/girlfriend, but recently I noticed some family relations were reset to default too...
Message 31 of 47 (990 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Household Members Aren't Maintaining Friendships (from library

★★★★ Guide
I can now confirm my households don't keep their current relationships at all when placed directly from the Library to a new save at least; they default to whatever they start with in CAS.
Message 32 of 47 (966 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Glad to know it's not just me. Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon. I haven't really played much with Live Mode because of this. I don't want to have to go through my entire save file and fix every relationship. That's a lot of households.
Message 33 of 47 (962 Views)

★★★★ Guide
It's sad too; I have this household with a dog that's supposed to be full friendship with one of his owners, and the married couple in the same household is supposed to have max on friendship and romance, while the teen son is supposed to have 0 friendship with his father, and none of this is being saved at all in the Library. It frustrates me.
Message 34 of 47 (943 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just a little update on this issue. I just tested to see if the latest patch (today-2/5/19) had fixed it. It has not.

Message 35 of 47 (906 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Another update: Tested to see if this issue was still there after the latest updates (4\16 & 4/19/19). It's still there. 

Message 36 of 47 (865 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

My understanding is that this is by design.  Saving to library resets relationship levels (although it does save family relationships: father, mother, brother, daughter, etc.).  It's similar to how relationship levels are not maintained (they gradually decay in this case) when Sims exist in world but are not actively played for a while.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 37 of 47 (2,071 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I don't think it used to be that way. They used to maintain all relationships, if I remember correctly. Thanks for replying. Standard smile
Message 38 of 47 (819 Views)

★★ Pro

I don't think it was always this way either. It seems like it might have changed around the time of Seasons being released? I'm not sure, because I've always kept track of relationships outside of the game, but I remember starting a new game around the time of Seasons and being confused at why my family had their friendship levels with each other reset.

Even though I do keep track of these things for my own records, it's still super frustrating to reset all the relationship levels between family members every time I move them to a new save.

Message 39 of 47 (811 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I checked this on the May 2018 Patch (which was before Seasons) and the relationships were resetting for me. I double checked on the September 2017 Patch and was seeing the same thing. 

My test steps: on a New Game, two random Sims created in CAS and placed on a random lot in WC. Cheated them to full 100 Friendship. Manage Worlds -> Household Management -> the Edit/Add button to take them into CAS, Save to Library and added some nonsense to the Description, so I could differentiate between the original family that was already in the Library. Back to Manage Worlds, Save and Exit to Main Menu, New Game, random Sim on a random lot, Manage Worlds, Library, placed the household and yep, the relationship was reset back to around 50. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 40 of 47 (784 Views)