Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Household Members Aren't Maintaining Friendships (from library

by SweetieWright_84

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Household Members Aren't Maintaining Friendships (from library

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

That's exactly what I see and what I did. It's frustrating and makes me not want to play actual gameplay. I've mostly been building since I noticed this issue. I've been working on a save file for myself where everything is my builds and Sims. I want little to no time passage in game when I play it and all of the relationships to reflect the storylines. I know I can go in and cheat them but 90+ households would be a huge chore. I would love to see this fixed or returned to the way it used to be. Thanks for responding 😊

Edit to add: When it's non-familial relationships they're just acquaintances. 

Message 41 of 47 (678 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @SweetieWright_84 

the way I understand Nick, it was never different. He tested two older builds and had the same things happen.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 47 (644 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Oh, well ok. Standard smile
Message 43 of 47 (622 Views)

★★★★ Pro

In the past I’ve had a save where the game was freezing so I transferred everyone over to a new save (which solved the problem) and I remember everyone keeping their relationships within the household at that time (this was around the time Parenthood came out) so I don’t think it’s always been like that. I like transferring sims to new saves by using my library so it’s a bit disappointing that their relationships reset to default, even more so if someone is doing it to rescue a family from a glitchy save. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 44 of 47 (600 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I wondered if it was around Parenthood. Since Nick said he went back to September 2017. I'm 100% sure it wasn't like that but I don't think I've played anything but families since Parenthood so I wouldn't have noticed the change.
Message 45 of 47 (581 Views)

EA Sims Team

@SweetieWright_84 

I checked the original version of the game when it first released (Sept 2014), and the versions of the game pre and post-Parenthood, and in all three cases the behavior was the same - the relationship levels reset after placing from the Library.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 46 of 47 (566 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Maybe the not resetting was a bug I had and didn't notice until now? I wish it didn't reset. Thanks everyone for your help!
Message 47 of 47 (558 Views)