Re: Handiness Skill/Woodworking table

by chococat9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Handiness Skill/Woodworking table

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

When my sim reached level 8 Handiness skill, the notification said she would be able to now craft instruments at the woodworking table, but the option is not there. She's been able to craft the higher level unlocks though.

Never any mods, no cc, Digital version, on Win 7. 

ETA: Also, it seems the furniture that I can make at the woodworking table doesn't have the proper wood textures. It just looks like regular furniture out of the catalog and not the crafted stuff from pics and trailers.

Message 1 of 10 (4,118 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide

When you say they look like items out of regular buy mode, are you referring to their shape or their actual colours and textures?

As far as I am aware your Sim will only create the "rustic" looking items at low skill level. Once they get better they create higher quality objects that look more professional.

If you enable buydebug then you will see that there are two versions of all functional woodwork objects; a "rustic" version and a professional version.

I must admit though that I have not yet had a Sim use the crafting bench and so I can only go on information gained from other sources and the objects in debug.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (4,119 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (4,079 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have you found a fix to this problem yet ? please help

Message 3 of 10 (4,069 Views)

Hero

Sorry no or it would say so in this thread.

Just hit the me too button if you haven't done so and subscribe to this thread for updates

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (4,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I found that to craft instruments you also have to have level 8 skill in guitar and/or violin for it to show up on the woodworking table. It should give you the option to craft guitar, violin and child violin. Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 10 (3,934 Views)

Hero

Thanks

Tagging @chococat9 to give that a try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (3,924 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict  That did work with being able to craft an instrument, but my crafted furniture still has the wrong textures. This trailer shows that furniture has a rustic handcarved look, but the furniture and instruments my sim makes just looks like stuff out of buymode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bBBfbMQxM

Message 7 of 10 (3,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

At least one is sovled Standard smile

Thans for checking back.

I changed the report to the texture thing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (3,904 Views)

★★ Guide

When you say they look like items out of regular buy mode, are you referring to their shape or their actual colours and textures?

As far as I am aware your Sim will only create the "rustic" looking items at low skill level. Once they get better they create higher quality objects that look more professional.

If you enable buydebug then you will see that there are two versions of all functional woodwork objects; a "rustic" version and a professional version.

I must admit though that I have not yet had a Sim use the crafting bench and so I can only go on information gained from other sources and the objects in debug.

Message 9 of 10 (4,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Alistu wrote:

I guess that could  be it. I'll have to try on another sim, but it seems like as soon as I was able to craft the furniture I was too high lvl to create the rustic stuff. All of the sculptures look rustic though. I just assumed that the furniture would have the same look.

Edit: yeah, i tried on a new sim with no handiness skill and as soon as they were able to make a barstool, they made the nice looking one from buy mode.

Message 10 of 10 (3,775 Views)