Re: [BUG] Goals Missing

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Goals Missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Event goals are missing. I have the timer circle but the list of goals are no longer there.

I have tried:

• Using the Orgin "Repair Game" option
  • I have no mods/custom content installed.
  • Deleting my Cache Folder and localthumbcache file.
  • Resetting my Sims 4 Folder (My Documents) and starting a new game.

Even with a completely new game (with the My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4 moved to desktop and rebuilt) I am only receiving a timer for events. This was tested when I started the "Invite Neighbors Inside" event started with the new game. I am only getting timers for Dates/House Events/Birthday Parties. These were the only events I have played since this problem cropped up when I logged in today after being away for a few days. My game is completely updated. 

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/rf1981/06-12-15_3-57nbspAM_zpsag1zyeaj.png

Above is a screenshot showing a social event (neighbors welcoming) where I am just seeing the timer/ no listed goals.

Message 1 of 13 (37,728 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is this an event you initiated or an NPC Sim ?

Also did you never have mods in or remove them ?

EDIT: If it's an NPC event, that's how it works. They have no goal. Timer is just to show how much time is left.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (39,740 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is this an event you initiated or an NPC Sim ?

Also did you never have mods in or remove them ?

EDIT: If it's an NPC event, that's how it works. They have no goal. Timer is just to show how much time is left.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (39,741 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's my PC Sim with an NPC Sim. Of course NPC Sim's are involved during the new "Welcome to the Neighborhood/Here! Have a Fruitcake!" event because that is who welcomes my PC Sim.

When my PC Sim asks an NPC Sim on a date and the event starts I am just getting a timer. At the end I get the "Never call me again" dialog because I was unable to earn even a bronze medal I suppose though this is only a guess since I am unable to see the goals list.

Message 3 of 13 (37,630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

OMG YOU'RE RIGHT!! 

Just another oversight to add to the large stack of oversights made in this game. So we are unable to properly swoon unplayed sims?! They have to be a part of our household??!

And when the NPC asks our PC Sim on a date we are likely to be presented with the "Don't ever call me again" dialog because we cannot fulfill the goals that don't exist? And they'll always have mediocre birthday parties too because of that very same reason? So lesson is...don't develop relationships with the NPCs?

What a load of tripe!

Message 4 of 13 (37,595 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

If your PC Sim initiates a party, you get goals (so if your PC Sim ask a NPC Sim on a date, you should get goals). The welcome party on the other hand seems to only get a time since they are basically initiated by the NPCs. NPC initiated parties don't have goals, only a timer.

The message that the party failed is a bug, that already has a thread though.

So, I hope I understand you correctly (English is not my mother tongue), that you had an event where your played Sim invited someone else on a date (PC or NPC doesn't matter) and you didn't get goals on that ?

It's all about if you invite someone or if you get invited

EDIT: Sorry, posted this before I saw your answer. Above still applies though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (37,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

We posted at the same time! Yes! I just did not know NPC initiated events were without goals...which is silly. It was the NPCs birthday party but my PC was unable to do anything to improve upon it. The NPC did ask my PC on a date too! It was a first so....

Well anyways...I hope the development team works on NPC initiated events otherwise what's the point?

The the NPC initiated date caused a loss in the romantic bar because it was a failure. :/

Message 6 of 13 (37,591 Views)

Hero

The failure part is most probably a bug.

You can post here about that: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/NPC-Social-Events-always-end-badly/td-p/4545434/

I do kinda see the no goals part. After all it's the NPC that basically has the 'goals'. It's their party, not yours. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (37,582 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening in my game when my PC sim tries to host any event. He tried to host a Dance Party and there were no goals, but since that was a recent expansion I thought maybe there just weren't goals associated with the dance party event. Then, I tried to have the PC Sims host a dinner party. He's hosted them before. But that also did not generate any goals, just the timer. He was unable to get any trophy. I have no mods installed.

Message 8 of 13 (37,238 Views)

Hero

No, the dance party has no goals

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (37,235 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Right, but the dinner party has goals and they wouldn't show up, either. Just the timer.

Message 10 of 13 (37,230 Views)