Re: Generic Lots get no visitors (venues)

by Screech666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Generic lot types prevents Sims from visiting the lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

There is a glitch when you categorize a lot as "generic" and build on it, then when you send a sims to visit, NO OTHER sim comes, they just walk buy, but there are TONS of sims with the other lot types. 

Message 1 of 27 (19,152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Generic lot types prevents Sims from visiting the lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Just thought I'd post this here as official confirmation: Generic Lot Type Working as Intended

*I hope I'm not breaking a rule by posting this...

View in thread

Message 21 of 27 (14,820 Views)

All Replies

Re: Generic lot types prevents Sims from visiting the lot

Hero

@K4le8 Changed your title a bit to reflect the issue better.

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (19,091 Views)

Generic Lots get no visitors (venues)

★★★★★ Novice

This probably has been posted before, but just want to make sure it's a known issue..

Lots when set to generic don't receive any visitors. All the sims just walk by.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 27 (18,887 Views)

Hero

Has this gotten any better ?

@rovaira @K4le8

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (15,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This issue is still present in the current build (4th december). I spent a sim week with my sims on a generic lot and nobody showed up, no visitors.

Message 5 of 27 (15,673 Views)

Hero

Thank you for the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (15,658 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I very recently tried this as well. Sim passersby may occasionally stop and enter the generic lot, but this is only if your visiting Sim autonomously or manually interacts with them, encouraging them onto the lot.
Message 7 of 27 (15,654 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is the first day of 2016 and I paused my Sims 4 game to reply to this post on my second monitor. YES, unfortunately, it's still a problem. But I thought there was a cheat to get people onto the lot. sims.spawnsimple (number) but with my luck it probably spawn visitors at my Sims home, and currently she's on generic lot. I made her homeless, her home lot doesn't have a 'house', I added a great 'shelter' from the gallery and she's there now. Sent her there to clean up, etc and thought she could raise her social motive too but she's literally all alone. Perhaps I didn't wait long enough for the cheat to work. I don't want to change the lot type if I don't have to because I like the shelter the way it was made. Except all the beds are single.. I'll probably change that.

Message 8 of 27 (15,461 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeah I attempted to change the lot type from Generic to something like Park or Pool, but then the generic sims autonomously do "park" things and "pool" things instead of use the lot for other things :/
Message 9 of 27 (15,450 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Generic lot types prevents Sims from visiting the lot

★★★★ Novice

I have unknowingly destroyed several lots by once changing them to generic simply because I hadn't yet decided which other type to choose. This is really bad and should be adressed as soon as possible. Many people are having this problem. 

Message 10 of 27 (15,273 Views)