[BY DESIGN] Gallery Poses mirrored and slightly shifted after October patch

by SimplyAnjuta

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Gallery Poses mirrored and slightly shifted after October patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

After the latest patch the gallery poses in the front picture appear mirrored and slightly shifted to the right:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=b6d896-1477824576.jpg

No cc/mods.

Message 1 of 7 (602 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gallery Poses mirrored and slightly shifted after October patch

Community Manager (retired)

These thumbnails are actually intended to be randomly mirrored (the shifting is expected, due to the mirroring).  So as reported this is not really a bug, it’s as designed.

The actual issue here is that the randomization probably has never worked, so we always got the same version of the pose. In EP03 there was a code change that modified the way randomness was calculated so now we are getting a different default, but it’s still not being random.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Standard smile 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (596 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Only on newly uploaded ones for you or also the ones that were there before ?

When I look at the gallery, I see all kinds of variations. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Only on the newly uploaded ones.

Edit: Yes, I see some new uploads with the old orientation too. The majority is mirrored though. Not sure why that is. Maybe there are still players who haven't updated their game and have an old session?

Message 3 of 7 (569 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

These thumbnails are actually intended to be randomly mirrored (the shifting is expected, due to the mirroring).  So as reported this is not really a bug, it’s as designed.

The actual issue here is that the randomization probably has never worked, so we always got the same version of the pose. In EP03 there was a code change that modified the way randomness was calculated so now we are getting a different default, but it’s still not being random.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Standard smile 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 7 (597 Views)

Hero

Going to mark this as solved for now although there does seem to be a slight bug with the randomness.

The initial complaint was that it's mirrored which is not a bug as Nick said.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (512 Views)

★★★ Guide

I know this has been marked as solved but wanted to let you know that with the new update the poses can actually switch right and left now.

Message 6 of 7 (435 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the update

Yeah, it was marked as solved as it was by design at the time

Doesn't mean they can't change it if it's not liked :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (429 Views)