Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [GTW] Retail Employees Not Retaining Assigned Task

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Go to Work, City Living, Community
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in this current version with a retail employee?
What happens when the bug occurs? In my retail store the employees are not retaining their assigned work task. I am playing a game right now and over the past less than half hour my time (maybe half of an employee shift) I have had to re-assign the two employees their work task. First my sim had to do it for each employee at the beginning of the shift, then I have had 3 (?) times that I have seen them loafing around and checked and they no longer had a work task (so of course by default they do nothing?!), so I had to re-assign them a work task. Actually, occasionally when they have hopped out of the assigned task at the beginning of the shift they come with the task activated of 'answer customer questions'. If memory serves, I think sometimes I find at the beginning of shift they have no assigned task and do nothing, and sometimes they have an assigned task of answering questions (which is pretty useless and not my first - or 2nd - choice).
What do you expect to see? I hope for employees who will be helpful for what is most needed (clean, ask questions, check out customers). What I expect is that they will retain the tasks I (my sim) assigned them from shift to shift, and from when they are assigned the task until I re-assign the task... at the very least until the end of the shift. Recently (last few weeks) it seems to happen very frequently if not always. I am not sure of the time since I had stopped using the retail employees since they are frustrating - in my experience.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 1 of 14 (2,227 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Retail Employees Not Retaining Assigned Task

Community Manager (retired)

@SheriGR@crinrict This entire issue sounds by design. The role that employees are assigned to is not saved day-to-day. When they first arrive to work they're given a random assignment, which the player is free to change. If the employee starts slacking, you can stop that by assigning them a work assignment again, or by scolding them for slacking. If you scold them, they'll be assigned a random work assignment again (it does not save the assignment they previously had).

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 9 of 14 (2,068 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Sorry... this line was left in by accident from a previous draft but the post will not save my edits when trying to remove it:

I have only begun to notice this for the last 2-3 days, so I am assuming it was from an patch/update that was don 

Message 2 of 14 (2,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've removed the sentence but you will need to put something in the comment box or it will not let you edit.

Three dots will usually do though :D

Is this after they're slacking ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (2,177 Views)

Champion

Thanks for the editing tip. I am not sure what you mean is this after they are slacking? The day that I was referring to in this post was the next day that they opened this same store again, so it is the 'Botanical Bakery' employees. If you use the game I sent the file for and open the store the next day, the same day should play for you that I was referring to (where the two employees do not retain the task). I had previously assigned the blond to clean the store and the other one to ring up customers. 

Message 4 of 14 (2,166 Views)

Hero

Usually when they start slacking during their shift (the employees), you have to re-assign but that's by design.

So it's only the next day, not during a certain shift ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (2,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

The next day from the save I sent you is the day I was referring to. Can we have the employees come in shifts? I didn't know that. Is it normal to have them lose their assigned task often? In my restaurant the employees are more reliable, especially after they have raised their skills (except that waiters leave for a run (?!). I can deal with training or waiting for their skills to increase, but at least in the restaurant I know I have a chef, a host and a waiter, and none of them is suddenly going to stop doing any waiting or cooking or hosting. If they are at work they are there to work. I much prefer not having that particular aspect unpredictable (them keeping an assigned job). Maybe they can change it so I can hire an employee specifically to clean or a salesman, etc.?

Anyway, if the dropping the assigned task is planned by EA, maybe that part is not a bug... unless mine are dropping their task more often than EA planned it. 

Message 6 of 14 (2,126 Views)

Hero
By shift I mean working for a day, then the next day would be a new shift. I do think they should retain their tasks but it seems it can happen that you need to re-assign.

Trying to find out more.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (2,105 Views)

Champion

Yes, I believe the save I sent you they had just finished their day of having the store open. In that game I played then the night of sleep/recovery at their home then a couple of them went to the store mentioned and opened it the next morning, and that is the employee shift I was referring to. I agree, I think if the employees will retain their task shift to shift that would be nice, but if they won't retain it throughout the current shift I think I won't be using them anymore. So I am grateful to find out if this is a bug or intended. Thank you!

Message 8 of 14 (2,087 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@SheriGR@crinrict This entire issue sounds by design. The role that employees are assigned to is not saved day-to-day. When they first arrive to work they're given a random assignment, which the player is free to change. If the employee starts slacking, you can stop that by assigning them a work assignment again, or by scolding them for slacking. If you scold them, they'll be assigned a random work assignment again (it does not save the assignment they previously had).

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 14 (2,069 Views)

Hero
Thank you Nick.

Going to mark this as By Design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (2,062 Views)