Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [GTW] Retail Employees Available For Hire Are Always The Same

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a retail shop, fire one of your employees, try to hire someone to the vacant job position. You will see your just fired employee and a couple of other sims, but don't hire anyone. A few days later try to see if the sims available for hire are different ones. They are not.
What happens when the bug occurs? The available sims for hire are always the same ones. They don't change over time despite the fact that there are lots of unemployed sims in the game.
What do you expect to see? In different days we would find different sims available for hire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

EDIT by Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (1,696 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] [GTW] Retail Employees Available For Hire Are Always The Same

Community Manager (retired)

This sounds by design to me, I think it has always worked this way. If you suspect it worked differently at some point then we can investigate it as a bug but otherwise I think it's feedback. Like Crin said, it only pulls from NPCs who have the appropriate skills. And it'd likely be a performance concern if the game kept generating new Sims to fulfill these roles when there's existing Sims that can already do so. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 13 (1,559 Views)

All Replies

Re: Retail Employees Available For Hire Are Always The Same

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DolphinSSA Doesn't the game just offer you the most qualified ones ? I would assume those are the same ones over a longer period of time.

Is this different for Restaurants and vet clinics ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,653 Views)

★ Guide

I only have one retail shop and no restaurants or vet clinics belonging to my sims in my game so I cannot answer that.

I didn't know the game was supposed to display just the most qualified sims. I assumed it would show all unemployed sims randomly each sim day.

Message 3 of 13 (1,615 Views)

Hero
@DolphinSSA I'm not sure but It thought that's how it worked.

Will need to get some info from QA on this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,613 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

This sounds by design to me, I think it has always worked this way. If you suspect it worked differently at some point then we can investigate it as a bug but otherwise I think it's feedback. Like Crin said, it only pulls from NPCs who have the appropriate skills. And it'd likely be a performance concern if the game kept generating new Sims to fulfill these roles when there's existing Sims that can already do so. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 13 (1,560 Views)

★ Guide

Only NPCs would appear as an option for the vacant position?

Yes, it probably would not be good for the game performance if more and more NPCs would be generated for that situation. But I believe it'd work better if player created sims would also appear in the pool of candidates for the position.

Message 6 of 13 (1,514 Views)

Hero
@DolphinSSA For retail all Sims should be legible (or at least used to).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (1,482 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Once in my case only the same 3 sims appear over and over again as candidates, and all of them are NPC, I cannot confirm player created sims are also included in the pool of candidates.
Message 8 of 13 (1,457 Views)

Hero
@DolphinSSA I've seen housed Sims in the past but I can't say if played ones were ever included as I don't play rotationally myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (1,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yes, he is right the retail system went through some changes thanks to previous patches even before retail.  There was a problem with the Bar tender creating level 10 townies  when there was a level 7 bar tender and the bar required a level 10 to work, so they dropped the skill requirement if someone in the neighborhoods had any bar tending abilities, this also included played sims, though they tended to find though that worked in the cooking jobs the ones related to chief or bartending if they couldn't find them as employees, it would look for any sim employed and unemployed that had mixology skill, it found a employed sim they were added as possible bartenders when not working or for temporary jobs, if the sim had skill but was unemployed they would be added to the employment.  If the game still couldn't find any sim with any mixology skill it would create a level 10 service NPC to tend bar.  Level 10 service NPC don't show up in neighborhood management and are considered a last resort.

This new system allows for the game to run a lot better on slower system because its not spanning NPC service sims all the time.

Here is the check for all jobs,

non played/ played households skill eligible

unemployed sims in all worlds except when option is required in vacation worlds, excluding dorms when college is active for jobs in vacation world.

Employed and unemployed sims in not in this world.

So the amount of working you have to pick from is based on how many playable sims you have in your game, since each job a playable sim is in needs a boss and at least three co-workers, they will be choosen by playable sims first, if you have 3 playable sims all in the same career in different households they will show up as co-workers once they are met.  Also don't worry about seeing active household sims in the retail list as they are there because they are employed in the part-time retail job and because of that they qualify for being picked first  as another households retail business.  You won't find retail employees from your own household in the pool.

Message 10 of 13 (1,414 Views)