Re: [BY DESIGN] [GTW] NPCs that are in game but not in manage households

by simvasion

Original Post

Champion
@lovebebella since 2017 I've learned a lot more about how the townie generation works and usually the game generates hidden single sims mainly if you play the Detective career, to be the criminal suspects. It doesn't necessarily use them all though, so there could be multiple unused suspects roaming around your game that act as normal townies but don't show up in manage households.

The only other hidden sim situation I can think of is when the game generates a temple skeleton for Jungle Adventure, it uses a family household template instead of single sim, so the skeleton will have a family with a spouse and children, who are all hidden from Manage Households. You can usually tell because they have skeleton pun names.
Message 21 of 28 (1,247 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can't find a child NPC. And I don't want him out either. I do have Go to Work, but not the Jungle one. 

His name is Tristan White, and I would like to move him into the residential lot. I don't know if he has any family or I need to create one, but I noticed that the only children in the "manage household" section are either with families or are aliens. 

When I go to "Modify Household" with MCCC, I do not have an option to add parents, and MCCC doesn't help with moving the household into the residential lot.

I think this adds a bit to the whole issue.

Message 22 of 28 (1,013 Views)

★★ Apprentice

P.S. why is this post marked as resolved, when it's not? 

Message 23 of 28 (1,012 Views)

★★ Guide

If you are ok using mods you can see all the households, even the hidden households, using MCCC. Click on your mailbox And you have an option for that there. The option is available only in the mailbox, not in the other MCCC menus.

Message 24 of 28 (1,001 Views)

Hero
@Aurorabig Because hidden households are by design. Please read the solution post for further information.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 28 (990 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict where is this solution post? I read this whole thread and didn't see any solution
Message 26 of 28 (965 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@babuchas01 Great tip! Thanks a lot, I didn't know that mailbox is a different menu from the regular MCCC
Message 27 of 28 (963 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Aurorabig the post by EA. It's a statement that this is by design: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/BY-DESIGN-GTW-NPCs-that-are-in-game-but-not-in...

This was initially reported as a bug but as it's not a bug but design, it was marked as solved to highlight this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 28 (944 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help