Re: Sims without households

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [FEEDBACK] [GTW] NPCs that are in game but not in manage households

Community Manager (retired)

We have lots of different NPCs that cannot be located in Manage Households and don't actually live in the world, this is by design. We call them "townies". I believe service NPCs fall under this category. The Grim Reaper definitely falls under this category. Sounds like guilty suspects falls under this category as well. Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 28 (16,515 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [GTW] NPCs that are in game but not in manage households

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this problem, and I only play with the base game and the free christmas stuff. Maybe there was an update or smth, all I know is I'm getting flooded with ghosts. 

Message 12 of 28 (3,039 Views)

Hero

This is by design

You can make them visible with the MC Command Center mod and then delete (I do believe it also makes the ghost ones visible).

If not, add the ghost to your family with Testingcheats - add to family and then delete.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 28 (3,032 Views)

Sims without households

★★★★★ Novice
I have been playing for awhile, and after a bit in my playable careers, especially tue scientist, co-worker sims startedshowing up not in the uniforms. If I mind control them to change outfits, they never change, though it acknowledges them for the task.
I looked for these Sims in manage households, and they don't show up at all - no matter where I look. Generally not an issue, but one of my played sims had a little work fling with one of them, and now she's pregnant...and stuck in labour, because she doesn't have a home, in world or out. I know I could have her move in, even just to give birth, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has Sims like this in their game?
Message 14 of 28 (2,963 Views)

Hero

Hi @Kabetz57

yes, these Sims are by design. Merged your thread with existing.

The clothing seems off though

You'll need to move the Sim in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 28 (2,954 Views)

Champion

This is totally the stealth townies that got picked to be your co-workers and their strange thing about not being able to wear alternate clothing.

[BUG] Stealth townies don't wear NPC job uniforms

Message 16 of 28 (2,945 Views)

Hero

Thanks. I was still looking for that link but couldn't find it (obviously because I haven't added it yet)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 28 (2,941 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Thank you!
Message 18 of 28 (2,930 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I actually have an entire family of "stealth sims" ...I kept noticing this one woman around town, but I didn't remember her from the Unplayed/Other Households menus (I keep this pretty cleaned up and manually cull townies I don't want every time I'm at a neighborhood screen). So I have MCCC installed so I clicked on her to manage in CAS, and there she is with her husband AND two kids. So I thoroughly search the Other Households menu AGAIN and they are absolutely not there. I also have a white woman with a hideous blonde arfo roaming around all the time and I can't find her either. With MCCC, I know I can delete them but I'm gonna dig a little more to see if I can figure out a reason for them being in the game before I delete them. 

Message 19 of 28 (2,591 Views)

Hero
@lovebebella They are hidden households probably cause they were created for some game scenario.

This is not a bug but by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 28 (2,580 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help