Re: [GTW] Mucho Modern Corner Shelf MISSING from Catalog!

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [GTW] Mucho Modern Corner Shelf MISSING from Catalog!

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Search catalog for "Mucho Modern Corner Shelf" or sort items by Get to Work only and look that way, either way it's no where to be found. I saved the object in a room from an old build and was able to download the room into a new build but you cannot use the eye dropper tool to copy the shelf, it says "nothing here can be cloned" when you hover over it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The shelf is missing from the build/buy catalog
What do you expect to see? I expect to have all the items the Get to Work expansion pack was sold to me with.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Mucho Modern Corner shelf appears to be missing from 2019, I was able to find ONE other post about this issue on Reddit from 9 months ago, but no other mention of this item being missing or removed from the game anywhere else online that I could find.

Message 1 of 10 (1,530 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] [GTW] Mucho Modern Corner Shelf MISSING from Catalog!

Community Manager (retired)

I just loaded up the patch that released in March 2015 (when Get To Work was first released) and can confirm that both of the Mucho Modern shelves were only available on Retail lots originally. I see that the corner shelf is still only available on retail lots and the regular one is now available on both corner and residential. I'm not sure why that was changed, or when, but I'm guessing it was purposefully done and is not a bug. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (1,324 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Jilly3ean I just checked my game and it's showing up fine.

Could you try repairing your game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,501 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I found Mucho Modern Corner Display Shelves in the Retail Items sort, which is the default sort for Buy mode on a Retail lot. It doesn't seem to be available for Residential lots. I didn't check any other lot types. It might be limited to Retail lots only.

Message 3 of 10 (1,497 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for this update, I was definitely looking for it in the residential catalog. Good to know it can still be found in the Retail lots!

Message 4 of 10 (1,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Jilly3ean Did you ever find it in non retail lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,430 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I did not find it in Non-retail lots
Message 6 of 10 (1,406 Views)

Hero
@Jilly3ean What i mean is if it was there before and now it's not or if it wasn't from start.

I do see the same (had checked retail only before) but I'm not sure it's a bug, tbh. If it used to be there but now it's not, it's more likely to be one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,388 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I believe that it used to be in the residential lots when GTW first came out, but it's an item I use so rarely that it may never have been residential and I never noticed before now :-)
Message 8 of 10 (1,370 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I just loaded up the patch that released in March 2015 (when Get To Work was first released) and can confirm that both of the Mucho Modern shelves were only available on Retail lots originally. I see that the corner shelf is still only available on retail lots and the regular one is now available on both corner and residential. I'm not sure why that was changed, or when, but I'm guessing it was purposefully done and is not a bug. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 10 (1,325 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick Sounds like it's intentional and I just didn't notice until now. I'm curious if it would break my game if I use it in residential lots?
Message 10 of 10 (1,310 Views)