Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [GT] Club gathering starts automatically

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have 2+ sims(A /B) in the household. 2. Create a new club and add these 2+ sims to the club. 3. Set current home as Club gathering lot. 4. Make sure the club is not started yet. 5. Go to any lot(restaurant owned by household, pool, etc) with A and B.
What happens when the bug occurs? The club gathering automatically start everytime A and B moved.
What do you expect to see? The club gathering should not start automatically because the lot sim's visiting is not "club gathering lot". This is very old bug. Please fix this annoyance.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 12 (2,523 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TEST] [GT] Club gathering starts automatically althoug place is not club lo

EA Sims Team

This is by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (2,733 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TEST] [GT] Club gathering starts automatically althoug place is not club lo

[ Edited ]
Hero

Seems hit and miss for me. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm unsure if this is a bug though. i know they changed some stuff with the auto-gatherings. Also thought they had to be 3 ? not just 2 ? Although could be different if your club only has 2 members.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Auto gathering system is way too annoying. I know this is an old bug but why no people conplain about this?

Autostart should not happen if:

1. the lot is DEFINDED by the club master(hangout lot)

2. current place is NOT hangout lot.

3. current place is NOT active sim's residential lot.

Including me, I know many friends who use Club system with their household, such as '"my household is best" club'

which contains all 8 sims in one club.

Imagine when you travel to any lot with 3 sims(same household). Ta-da! Club gathered!

Message 3 of 12 (2,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

well, you end it and that's that. I really doesn't bother me in the least and as it's not reported, probably a lot of other people too.

Think there's far more pressing issues in this game.

I'll try to get some info if it's by design or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (2,457 Views)

★★ Guide

Maybe I'm wrong but I think I saw you said the club auto-gathering is annoying in older posts.

Aha.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Help-Stop-Clubs-from-Auto-gathering/td-p/5080009

"I agree, it's annoying, especially when you have a club where 3 family members are in."

Also worth reading;

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/867183/club-gathering-starting-every-day

https://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/discussion/869327/please-stop-automatic-gatherings

Message 5 of 12 (2,453 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You know, that was a long time ago. I've gotten used to it. Doesn't annoy me anymore. Especially if there's so many more important issues. A

And also, that just proves that it's by design and not a bug and the feedback given by users obviously wasn't enough to change it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (2,442 Views)

Hero
OK. So yeah.

AFAIR (it's really been long), in the beginning, a club gathering would actually start whenever you were at home and 3 or more family members were in a club. That I found really unnecessary and I think that's what's no longer occurring can you verify that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (2,435 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I do alot of Club Gather in the Sims. when the ep was release, it seems to auto gather every-time 1 of the Sims from that Club enter the lot. now, they seem to auto gather depends on how many sims from that club is on that lot at the same time. I run 3 clubs. 1 on my Club have 6 members, it seem to auto gather after 4. the other has club has 2, it never auto starts. so I'm guessing depends on how many sims in that Club and how many they are on the same lot at the same time?

anyways, I love it the way it is, now I can go to a bar and have a drink with triggering a club gathering

Message 8 of 12 (2,392 Views)

★★ Guide

I didn't asking EA to completely disable autogather.

I'm asking EA to add a "if" statement.

Just "don't autogather if club lot is definded + not in same lot + not in residential" or add a "Don't autogather" checkbox in club management menu.

Is that really hard to code? Base code is Python right?

Message 9 of 12 (2,387 Views)

Hero
Still pretty sure it was deemed as by design at the time and hence will need a thread in the feedback section of this forum but I'm going to add this to unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (2,358 Views)