[BY DESIGN] [GT] Buy a Club Perk goal completes only for buyer in a club

by GothicSimmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [GT] Buy a Club Perk goal completes only for buyer in a club

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The Leader of the Pack Aspiration has a Goal under Get Accepted Milestone which is Buy a Club Perk. However, I've noticed that if 2 or more playable Sims are in the same club, purchasing a Club Perk with one of the Sims in the Club will only complete the goal for the buyer and not the other Sims in the same club. I don't know if this rule is by design

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

1. Bella, Mortimer, and Cassandra are in a Club named Goths. Their Aspirations are set to Leader of the Pack.
  2. You purchase a Club Perk as Bella thus completing the Buy a Club Perk goal. However, Mortimer and Cassandra does not have the goal completed despite being in the same club.
  3. For Mortimer and Cassandra to complete the goal, you have to make separate purchases with each Sim so you would have to purchase 1 Perk as Mortimer and another Perk as Cassandra.

Similar to when a Sim eats the last meal in the fridge where it left an empty plate, it's possible that the goal only completing for the buyer might be by design. I don't think it's a major problem but although it can be a problem for players that have multiple Sims of their household in the same Club as you have to make separate purchases with each Sim if you want all Sims in the Household to complete the Buy a Club Perk goal. So if for example you have 5 Sims in the same Household are in the same Club, you have to purchase the Club Perks using those 5 Sims meaning at least 5 Perk purchases for all Sims in the same Club to get the Buy a Club Perk completed.

Message 1 of 5 (587 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GT] Buy a Club Perk goal completes only for buyer in a club

Hero

@GothicSimmer

That's the answer I got for this one: https://twitter.com/SimGuruDaniel/status/684449979444805633

I'll mark it as by design for now, if that's ok with you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (608 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed this too, along with other aspirations and whims. It appears to only update for selected Sims. Possibly a way for the game to run more smoothly by not having to constantly check the requirements for ever single Sim.

Message 2 of 5 (578 Views)

Hero

I can't say if it's a bug or not but my tendency is to no.

The goal is: Buy a perk which is technically an action someone does. If it's done by another person, you didn't actually do it. It's just a theory though.

Same goes for whims. 

I'll try if I can find out anything from the devs on this though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (572 Views)

Hero

@GothicSimmer

That's the answer I got for this one: https://twitter.com/SimGuruDaniel/status/684449979444805633

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (609 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

@GothicSimmer

@crinrict I'm OK with it, thanks for the confirmation from the Twitter post.

Message 5 of 5 (450 Views)