[BY DESIGN] [GT] All Programming Interactions available - Level 1 (Club Meeting)

by CastleCatt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [GT] All Programming Interactions available - Level 1 (Club Meeting)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1-20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It just happens sometimes. I have also seen all possible Romantic interactions suddenly unlock across the entire game world. You greet someone new and you are able to do every romantic interaction in the game with them. I end up having to go way back to an earlier save and lose hours of progress when things like that break.
What happens when the bug occurs? A Sim sits down to a computer to learn programming for the first time and as soon as they hit lvl 1 on it, all of the programming abilities in the game unlock instantly, including ability to make Video Games and Mobil Apps, which is supposed to be earned with Programming Skill. I had a club activity set to do Programming, and I suspect that one of my Sims sat autonomously sat down to do programming that was past skill lvl 1 and it opened up the whole programming menu.
What do you expect to see? Sims should have only "Practice Programming" available if their skill is 0 and 1 and should have only Hack, Practice Programming, and Make Plugin at lvl 2 skill, progressing onward from there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sorry I exited my game (was about to just give up on Sims 4 again since I encounter so many game breaking bugs) so I didn't get a screen shot. My earlier save does not have the bug. I could start over from there and just lose lots of hours of progress. I may or may not. In the meanwhile, I thought you guys and gals might want to know this has happened to me a couple of times, both in Programming progress and even in Romantic interactions progress. Thanks.

Message 1 of 14 (795 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] [GT] All Programming Interactions available on Level 1 (Club Meetin

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told all of this is by design, activities/interactions you can't normally do are supposed to become available during club gatherings, otherwise it'd be a very boring club with nothing to do haha. This seems kinda OP to me, being able to do interactions you're not usually able to, but I'm hearing this is how it's always worked. Go clubs! Haha

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (754 Views)

All Replies

Re: Lvl 1 Programming Skill Allowing Mobil App & Video Game

Hero
@CastleCatt Did it unlock it permanently or just once clicking on the computer ? Since you didn't save but say it happened multiple times already, it would be interesting to know if it persists after you travel to a new lot or reload the game (with saving) or if it was just a glitch of the menu giving you too much.

As for the romance: Does that include inappropriate romance interactions or the menu just not being limited ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (762 Views)

★ Pro

Bug is caused by being in an active club encouraging programming/romantic interactions.

Excerpt from Computer_Programming_MakeApp:

<L n="tests">
  <L>
    <V t="skill_test">
      <U n="skill_test">
        <T n="skill">16703<!--Skill: statistic_Skill_AdultMajor_Programming--></T>
        <V n="skill_range" t="interval">
          <U n="interval">
            <U n="skill_interval">
              <T n="lower_bound">7</T>
            </U>
          </U>
        </V>
      </U>
    </V>
  </L>
  <L>
    <V t="test_set_reference">
      <T n="test_set_reference">126907<!--TestSetInstance: testSetInstance_InteractionIsEncouragedByClubRules--></T>
    </V>
  </L>
</L>

interaction available if at least one L section true

Message 3 of 14 (747 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu So it should only occur during the club meeting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (737 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Well, it *does* occur if in a club meeting (and nowhere else afaik) according to game files. Not sure if intended or not.
Message 5 of 14 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kusurusu yeah, think I phrased that poorly.

Basically: This issue only occurs in club meetings but not elsewhere.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (705 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I worked my way back up to them being ready to start programming again (I am putting them in tech career to get the achievement points) and should have saved it before selecting programming as a club activity! It broke again. This time, a Sim I had already had select "Practice Programming" did not break, but the ones who hadn't clicked a computer yet did break. This is my 2nd household of 7 Sims to play in this world, and it worked properly for the first household of 7. The club activity being selected isn't supposed to unlock everything. Again, it did it for romantic interactions at one point too and I had to revert to an earlier save. It is especially awkward for the romantic category because you can meet someone new then try to make out with them. That is surely not intended.

Thanks a bunch for taking a look. I think I'll just not select programming as a club activity and sacrifice the potential club points. It's a crummy work around, but I think it should work.

Message 7 of 14 (673 Views)

Hero
@CastleCatt Is this only during the club gathering and it goes back to normal afterwards or does it persist ?

If you have a romance club, I do think that was intended that you can romance with everyone, not sure about the amount of interactions though. Question of inappropriate romance interactions remains.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (660 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, it looks like when you "Start Gathering" with programming as a club activity, it opens up the ability to make Video Games and Mobil Apps even if you have 0 programming skill. When I hit "End Gathering" it went back to just offering "Practice Programming" for the ones that have 0 skill. I have somehow never noticed it before. I run households of Sims thru the Cooking and Tech aspirations just to get it out of the way and have played a lot of hours like that without ever seeing this happen to programming. But I did take an extended break from the game and am just now back and some stuff has been changed. Perhaps this is how it's supposed to work now.

The romance weirdness was also a long time ago, but what I remember is that it opened up all romance options even toward people outside the club. You could greet a brand new Sim not in the club then profess your deep abiding love for them immediately. Maybe that is intended too.

I really appreciate the help of those who replied! This "feature" does take a lot of time off of the amt of programming Sims usually have to do to earn their way toward making an app or video game, which is needed for the aspiration. Perhaps I'll just make use of it to save that time.

I think I interacted with you at least a year or two ago when encountering bugs and my own user errors, Crin! I remember you being just as great then. :D

Message 9 of 14 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm just scared that if one thing breaks, something else will break. >.< I'm going to try this Club Programming unlock thing and just hope it's intended and doesn't cause an undesirable avalanche of other problems.

I just now did Start Gathering to unlock the interactions then switched to another household to see if it had unlocked across all Sims (which is what I think I remember happening with the Romance one) and it didn't. So crossing fingers and thanks again!!

(I have Cooking as a club activity and it doesn't unlock all cooking recipes for them. But who knows!) :D

Message 10 of 14 (642 Views)