Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [GF] Sims inviting themselves into celebrity Sim's home

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a celebrity Sim preferably 3*+ 2. Be friends with a handful of Sims. 3. Play until one of your Sim's friend randomly forces a notification on your wall about you being famous and want to catch up on old times.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim invites themselves in like they own the place without ringing even when I did not give them the residential key.
What do you expect to see? I expect Sims not to invite themselves into the home especially when I don't even have a choice to decline their visit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This was a problem ever since Get Famous came out which just gets worse when your Sim builds up more friendship with others.

While playing a celebrity Sim, you will notice from time to time a notification from your Sim's friend wanting to catch up on old times. The Sim's friend will arrive to the lot and walk right in without knocking or ringing. They don't have the residential key to come in but for some reason they can just walk through the door. The notification doesn't even have an option to decline so really they just force themselves into your home.

I can understand the notification for a visit is part of a feature, but the Sims just waltzing into your home shouldn't be.

Message 1 of 10 (1,918 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims inviting themselves into celebrity Sim's home through a forced notifica

EA Sims Team

Hello @Rorolina 

I've been told this is by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (1,823 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims inviting themselves into celebrity Sim's home through a forced notifica

★ Pro

I believe that's working as intended a bit like insane/erratic and goofball Sims for apartments. Very annoying but at least if your friends with the Sim, its better than my Sims have faired. My Sims always have some unknown Sim that they danced in the same room as once, chosen to be the invader

Message 2 of 10 (1,892 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It is by design, but it is a very annoying feature.

Message 3 of 10 (1,890 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Was this ever confirmed to be intended? It's very unfortunate if this is another one of those Get Famous "features". I can understand if it's a trait that select Sims have, but for ALL Sims you become friends with to be allowed to force themselves in is a bit excessive...

Message 4 of 10 (1,873 Views)

★ Pro

Considering you actually get a notification that says why ( you gained a celebrity star) and who, I would say that's intended like the welcome wagon but only the gurus can confirm. In city living apartments it only says neighbour, yet it can be any Sim in the world and that is intended.

The Private dwelling trait may help, have not tried it myself but have used it to delay welcome wagon while my Sim was at work. Once removed the welcome wagon turns up so may be the same thing with the celebrity level.

Message 5 of 10 (1,865 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I gave my lot Private Dwelling as soon as I loaded my save and unfortunately it does not keep the notifications or the Sims out.

Too many bugs and annoying "features" like this one, react to disgust, and reputation cheering every few minutes to enjoy the game so I'm just going to opt out of the system.

Message 6 of 10 (1,845 Views)

★ Pro

I do agree many of the features are very annoying, game breaking annoying in fact.

When your Sim gets a celebrity level your best bet may be to lock outside doors to household and employees only if you have them, it only happens generally within a day or 2 of getting a new celebrity star.

Message 7 of 10 (1,837 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Rorolina 

I've been told this is by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 10 (1,824 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [GF] Sims inviting themselves into celebrity Sim's home

★★ Novice

This happens to me too and is very annoying. I have the private dwelling lot trait and it still happens, in which case, what is the point of that lot trait? I also agree that some other "intended" celebrity/get famous features are problematic and annoying. Such as the celebrity sim reacting in disgust to other sims or pets, even though that's not their personality and they have a pristine reputation. Another is other sims stopping what they do in order to react to a celebrity. This should not effect anyone doing a job, like a DJ or bartender. My sims is a 'proper celebrity' and was at a niteclub for a new years party, but the party just couldn't get going because the DJ kept stopping the music to react to my sim and everyone would stop dancing Frown  

Message 9 of 10 (1,675 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [GF] Sims inviting themselves into celebrity Sim's home

Hero
@Lil-jellytot As this is by design as stated, it's best if you post in either the feedback forum at the officials or in https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-information-en here at AHQ.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,671 Views)