Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [GF] Option to flaunt §10k greyed out even if over §1M fund

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, including Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have over $10k, click on sim, flaunt wealth.
What happens when the bug occurs? The $10k option is greyed out and tells me more household funds are needed. My sim, however, has over $600k in her household funds and another $1M in her vault.
What do you expect to see? The ability to do the action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not gamebreaking, clearly, but pretty annoying nontheless as it is a +fame interaction.

Message 1 of 18 (5,331 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Option to flaunt §10k greyed out even if over §1M fund

★ Apprentice

I tested this out. it seems like you need to have 1M in your Household Funds. if it's "hid away" in the vault it doesn't count in your family funds. Therefore the interaction won't work.

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (5,256 Views)

All Replies

Re: Flaunt Wealth bug

★★★★ Novice
Same here. Sim has $450,000 and it's still greyed out.
Message 2 of 18 (5,294 Views)

Re: Flaunt Wealth bug

Hero

It looks like you need 1.000.000 $ for the interaction to appear. but as OP says they have over that, there might be an issue.

This needs further testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (5,276 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tested this out. it seems like you need to have 1M in your Household Funds. if it's "hid away" in the vault it doesn't count in your family funds. Therefore the interaction won't work.

Message 4 of 18 (5,257 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Nakashimafied to see where the funds were.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (5,246 Views)

★ Guide

Her funds of 1M were in the vault, her household funds were "only" $600k or so. I like being able to stash it away a million at a time to make number easier to read (dyscalculia). Guess so much for that routine if I want to use the interaction, oh well. Thanks for clearing it up! ^^

It seems a little odd to need over 1M in the household funds to throw away 10k, definitely not a number I wouldve guessed is needed. Maybe the grey indicator should mention "Household funds must be at least 1M", since this'll likely be something a bunch of us wont just assume? Just thinking with here Standard smile

Message 6 of 18 (5,233 Views)

Hero
I agree. You might wanna post that as feedback in the game info forum or the officials.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (5,227 Views)

Flaunth Wealth bug. Can't select $1000 or $10,000 even though I have plenty of $

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on the flaunt wealth interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? It lets me throw 100 simoleons but not more even though I have more than enough.
What do you expect to see? Rain. Made out of money.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I select the  "$1000" and "$10,000" interactions it tells me I need more household funds even though I have plenty. 

Message 8 of 18 (5,110 Views)

Re: Flaunth Wealth bug. Can't select $1000 or $10,000 even though I have plenty

Hero

Hi @Stubbs2000

I merged your post with existing thread.

This is by design

To flaunt 10'000, you need 100'000 cash (vault doesn't count)  unsure about 1000 .. how much do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (5,053 Views)

Re: Flaunth Wealth bug. Can't select $1000 or $10,000 even though I have plenty

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

93.000 right now. I should be able to do the 1000 interaction shouldn't I? This seems like a bug if you ask me. 

Message 10 of 18 (5,024 Views)