Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [GF] Median gig payments shows only 4,825

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except for spooky pack, fitness pack, outdoor retreat and hamster pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? open the career tab in game
What happens when the bug occurs? median gig payment should be 9,800 but now shows only 4,285 from level 8 in actor career
What do you expect to see? On the career tab, median gig payment is 4,825 simoleons I want to get 9,800 simoleons back
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think it's probably from the latest patch because I had checked the median gig payment before the latest patch and it was 9,800

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 15.30.16.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 17.23.33.png

Hi, as far as I know, it should be 9,800 simoleons, isn't it? Although they just get 6,500-7,500 after gig.

I removed all CCs and Mods but still the same.

I opened them after factory resetting but still the same.

I saved my household and opened them in a new game but still the same.

Is it only me having this issue?

Not sure the actor sims gets lower payment after gig. I haven't had my sim perform a gig yet.

Message 1 of 11 (2,679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Median gig payments shows only 4,825

Hero

@aodoherty 

I think this has something to do with this fix that was in the latest patch

• You Sims acting agent will no longer give you false pay information when completing a gig. Those agents are always trying to skim a little off the top.

Have you noticed any more changes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (2,773 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Maybe it was lowered on purpose cause of this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Pay-for-Median-Gig-Pay-is-low/m-p/7225222#M79421 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,666 Views)

★★ Pro
@crinrict

Ahh no, as for the link, the simmer says the actor or actress sim gets under 9,800 even though the median gig payment shows 9,800. I already read that issue. =)

In my case, the median gig payment shows '4,825' simoleons instead of '9,800'. I know the actor or actress will get around 6,500 - 7,500 in usual. My point is that on the career panel, it shows '4,825' instead of '9,800'. Thanks. Standard smile
Message 3 of 11 (2,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Not saying it's the same issue (or I would have merged). What I'm saying is, maybe it was changed cause of the other issue.

For my own experience, around 5000 as median is more fitting then 9800

So this might be an on purpose change that wasn't in the notes .. or does it only happen for one Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Ahh yes it could be possible but if it did, it would be mentioned at the recent patch but I haven't seen it. Standard smile

Yes it could be my sims only. That's the reason why  I'm asking here. I have 2 actor sims and 1 actress sim.

2 actor sims are all silverscreen icon at actor career and the actress sim is currently at level 8 in actor career.

3 of them have the exact same issue without mods.

Message 5 of 11 (2,647 Views)

Hero
Trying to get some info :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,639 Views)

★★ Pro
Thank you crinrict Standard smile
Message 7 of 11 (2,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I can confirm that my Sims median has gone down to 4825 as well but I'm unsure why.

EDIT: Checked the game files and it's definitely a change done there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (2,606 Views)

Hero
I'll refrain from adding this for now as I believe it's by design. It doesn't look like an accidental edit to me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (2,547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

One of my actor sims had a gig today and checked how much he gets after gig since the median pay is 4,825.

Untitled-19.png

Untitled-18.png

I think he got a bit more than usual he used to get after gig without negotiation. 

So should be ok as long as I earn money properly. =)

Message 10 of 11 (2,544 Views)