Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Fire causes tense mood, not scared, Even in Children

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a fire
What happens when the bug occurs? Everyone in the household becomes tense when there is a fire, instead of scared.
What do you expect to see? Perhaps Sims with certain traits (Clumsy, childish, squemish, paranoid) getting scared moods instead of tense, and children always being scared.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I find it really illogical that my sims get scared of thunderstorm, but think a house fire is "tense". Especially children should be scared, I remember the only time I was in a (light!) house fire, and I was really scared. It was a traumatic event. So children going like "Aw man I feel tight all over" for a fire seems just silly

.Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (769 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fire causes tense mood, not scared, Even in Children

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @Marinuttonen 

Currently this is by Design, we have not revamped Fire tense emotion to scared emotion yet. One of the reason not doing it as part of paranormal Stuff pack is, in scared emotion in the game ,you end up not doing stuff or stopping midway, that cannot happen in the game as you are scared and not acting on it will let the house burn.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (702 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @Marinuttonen 

Currently this is by Design, we have not revamped Fire tense emotion to scared emotion yet. One of the reason not doing it as part of paranormal Stuff pack is, in scared emotion in the game ,you end up not doing stuff or stopping midway, that cannot happen in the game as you are scared and not acting on it will let the house burn.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 5 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

You guys dont understand what we want right? I mean, a fire should defenitely cause scared emotion, plus we dont want sims to autonomously extinguish fire... this is boring, and why input firefighters to not need them in the end... I want my sims to do nothing, and not click pause, undo their extinguis actions then unpause and have to do it again, cause those sneaky sims really want the fire to be extinguished... Its very annoying in game that my sims do it autonomously, if I want a sims to be braver and put it down, I will click on him to do it, if I want them to leave the house, I will let them do... see the point? And if I want to call firefighter, I the player must do it... this is much more fun for the player and give more options for everyone, and make it less annoying for everyone.

Also, I am sure that this is another topic here, every sims now will autonomously extinguish fire...

I mean the best point about a sims reaction to fire, is them going in safe zone, meaning outside in front of their house... other autonomous actions are not wanted, because then, fire are easy to put down, and you have to cancel their actions to have a little drama in your house or just have more damage to the house. This is why people find this game boring...

Message 3 of 5 (650 Views)

Hero
@Francoisf30 Did you post that in a feedback forum ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (630 Views)

★ Guide
@SimGuruRitzy But why do children get tense, though? They can't do anything about the fire anyway.
Message 5 of 5 (614 Views)