Re: PS4: Romance option with family members and ancestors

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict It's totally not the same. I don't have blank photos on the family tree, can't you see? And it's not like the tree is completely corrupted, it WORKS, just not for every generation, only the 6th generation has its tree cut.

Completely different bug.

Message 21 of 27 (576 Views)

Hero
@rostsit The romance interactions are not related to that you can't see your prior ancestors. It's because it doesn't go back that far (which is what Nick posts about).

Will leave this to a CM to handle further cause I don't have any insight in the design notes I can only go by what QA has said.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 27 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict You seem to ignore what I am saying. The romance interactions is again - another bug. Or not a bug - it's by design, as Nick said, I don't really care. 

This thread should be about family tree being cut for 6th generation, not about incest (which is related, but still not the first thing I reported here), and NOT about blank portraits on the family trees (which is unrelated at all).

Message 23 of 27 (557 Views)

Hero
@rostsit As said, a CM/QA will assist you further.

With Xmas break this might be in January though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 27 (544 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here's one to stump you. I'm on my 5th gen, they are all toddlers, all but 1 of them shows the whole 5 gens of the family tree. The other sims tree shows up to her grandparents but not further up. Why does great great gran show up for everyone else but her?🤔💚🍀

Message 25 of 27 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

After all the latest patches (but I am not sure which one, exactly), family tree is now expanded.

As previously, the first sim on the tree can see them all.

But the last sims are now able to see up to grand-grand parents (called ancestors in the game). They can't see anything above though.

And romantic interactions with grand-grand parents are still possible.

P.S. Please, whoever did this, remove this "be design" label, this thread is NOT about incest, for gods sake, I've repeated this many times already. It is about family tree and it IS being worked on and now even fixed partially.

Message 26 of 27 (394 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @rostsit,

Ok so there's a few things in there: 

1. Splitting this thread into two
  2. Romantic interactions
  3. Next steps

Splitting the thread into Two

@rostsit wrote:

...P.S. Please, whoever did this, remove this "be design" label, this thread is NOT about incest, for gods sake, I've repeated this many times already. It is about family tree and it IS being worked on and now even fixed partially.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to help you out with that request. This thread reports two things (perhaps inadvertently); the romance interaction and the display for the 6th gen family tree. Romantic interactions were repeatedly bumped in the same comments as the family tree display prior to Nicks post (I'll Include some examples of romantic interaction comments in the spoiler tag below) which make it difficult to split the comments into thread A and B.

Spoiler

@rostsit wrote:

What happens when the bug occurs? ...Moreover, 6th generation sims also don't recognize any relatives above grandparents, thus having all romantic options available for grand-grandparents and above.
What do you expect to see? ...The romantic relationships between close relatives should not normally be allowed.
...And they can flirt and everything with their grand-grandparents and above. 

@rostsit wrote:
The CAS didn't changed the relationships among my sims, moreover, I had noticed the issue even before I used CAS for the first time after 6th generation sims were born and became toddlers.
And its not only visual. It is affecting gameplay, as romantic options are working where they shouldn't.

@rostsit wrote:

1t, 2d, and 3d generations have romantic interactions with 6th. 

What's more, how these have been tethered together for me reads that the main issue is the romantic interactions (as a result of the 6th gen family tree issues). Consequently, it seems the bug report thread title reflects what was seen to be the core issue being flagged; the romantic interaction which makes sense as SimGuru Nicks communication in here offers insight on that subject.

I understand following his post you made efforts to clarify the intention of creating this bug report; to clear up and redirect the focus of the thread discussion. It's unfortunate that came through after Nicks reviewed and updated the thread as at that point the focus was locked in. Bug reports are designed for flagging and focusing on one issue at a time you see. You would need to open a separate bug report for the family tree issue exclusively, minus any mention of the romantic interactions, to keep them separated.  

Romantic Interactions

@rostsit wrote:

And romantic interactions with grand-grand parents are still possible.

Yes, this is to be expected. Nick's comment offers insights as to the whys:

@SimGuruNick wrote:

It's unfortunately by design that great grandchildren can have romantic interactions with their great grandparent, our incest checks just don't go back that far. I'd call this more of a feature request, not a bug, pretty sure it's always been this way. 

I'll lock this bug report on romantic interaction between 6th gen and 1st gens here as there's nothing further to add on the romantic interactions portion. 

Next steps:

In the meantime, it would be best to open a dedicated bug report solely for the family gen display issue you're encountering. It will also mean the information you share in the bug report will show how it currently is following the patches and fixes. Please feel free to open a new report if there isn't an existing thread already open.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 27 of 27 (360 Views)