Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Family Tree: Relationships above grandparents are not recognized

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a large family with at least 6 generations.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the 6th generation sim borns, it will not recognize any relatives above grandparents (so, only 3 generations). They are just cut from sim's family tree. However, ALL other sims above recognize all 6 generations. Moreover, 6th generation sims also don't recognize any relatives above grandparents, thus having all romantic options available for grand-grandparents and above.
What do you expect to see? The family trees should be displayed properly for all family members, The romantic relationships between close relatives should not normally be allowed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am playing a large mages dynasty atm. It now has 6 generations, and as mages can be immortal and there are also some vampires within the dynasty, all 6 generations are now "alive" at the same time. The sad thing is, the sims of the 6th generation ignore everyone above grandparents, their family trees are "cut".

And they can flirt and everything with their grand-grandparents and above. 

The dynasty from the 5th generation perspective:

Untitled.jpg

The dynasty from the 6th generation perspective:

Untitled2.jpg

Message 1 of 27 (6,911 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Family tree works only one way, danger of incest relationships

Community Manager (retired)

It's unfortunately by design that great grandchildren can have romantic interactions with their great grandparent, our incest checks just don't go back that far. I'd call this more of a feature request, not a bug, pretty sure it's always been this way. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 27 (6,638 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@rostsit Issues do tend to happen if you have really big trees

We currently have these threads:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-A-Sims-in-Family-Tree-Disappearing/td-p/7287642/
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Dead-Sims-showing-alive-messing-up-the-tree/td-p/...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Sims-disappearing-from-family-tree-after-enterin...

All are a bit different but yet similar.

Does one of these fit your issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (6,855 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I've looked carefully through the threads that you linked. My issue is not the same. Others are either CAS, culling or visual problems with a tree. In my case, nobody was culled. The CAS didn't changed the relationships among my sims, moreover, I had noticed the issue even before I used CAS for the first time after 6th generation sims were born and became toddlers.
And its not only visual. It is affecting gameplay, as romantic options are working where they shouldn't.
Message 3 of 27 (6,844 Views)

Hero
@rostsit How many generations back do you have the issue with the romantic options ? newest to 6th ? There might be a limit to how many generations are recognized by the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (6,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

1t, 2d, and 3d generations have romantic interactions with 6th. There could be a limit but somehow all generations but 6th see the whole family tree, so the problem occurs from the "bottom" of the tree. Something wrong with this specific number of generations. Because the difference between 6th and 3d is the same as between 2d and 5th (and so on), but only 6th has the problem.

Message 5 of 27 (6,827 Views)

Hero
@rostsit I'll try to get some info on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (6,815 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I my game, a sims great grand child can have romantic interactions with their great grand parent once they age up to a teen. Not sure what "generation" a great grandchild is tho.
Message 7 of 27 (6,759 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

It's unfortunately by design that great grandchildren can have romantic interactions with their great grandparent, our incest checks just don't go back that far. I'd call this more of a feature request, not a bug, pretty sure it's always been this way. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 27 (6,639 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SimGuruNick I guess that would make sense with a normal sim family as older generations dont live long enough to see their great grandchildren with normal aging and gameplay die offs. Its with the naturally immortal sims such as the vampires and spellcasters w/ immortality trait (whenever it gets fixed) where it gets weird with great grandchildren and so on down the family tree. So feature request to add further checks....yes please! 😯
Message 9 of 27 (6,596 Views)

PS4: Romance option with family members and ancestors

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University Game: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim go to university and then move back home when the semester is over. Click on a family member to see romance options.
What happens when the bug occurs? Romance options are available with family members in and outside of household.
What do you expect to see? I expect for sims to not have any romance options available with sims in their family tree.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Discover University

I know some people experiment in college, but this is just too much, EA. 😂

PS4: 1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)

Message 10 of 27 (6,595 Views)