[BY DESIGN] Eating All Servings from Fridge Leaves Empty Plate

by Diascia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Eating All Servings from Fridge Leaves Empty Plate

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I create party-sized meals to save on time and store them in the fridge. Everytime all the servings are eaten, there is an empty plate leftover in the fridge, and it is considered spoiled food as it prompts that interaction when I click on the fridge. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,718 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Eating All Servings from Fridge Leaves Empty Plate

Hero

From what I hear from the devs, it's not really a bug but it's still annoying so I hope it can be changed (or at least included in the general clean up procedure)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (1,491 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added as link to bug on the list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,672 Views)

Plasing empty dishes into a refrigerator

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Sometimes sims act strange with empy dishes. They put them into a refrigerator instead of washing. So the only option about a dish in a refrigerator is "move into the world".

Thank you.

Message 3 of 12 (1,629 Views)

Re: Plasing empty dishes into a refrigerator

Hero

@toomanynights Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,625 Views)

Re: Plasing empty dishes into a refrigerator

★★★ Novice

Yep, my sim placed the empty plate of his finished microwave dish back into the microwave. I don't know if this is supposed to happen. It was funny anyway :D

Message 5 of 12 (1,612 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this same issue.  If someone takes the last plate of a food item in the fridge, instantly, an empty plate appears in the fridge and is considered 'spoiled food'. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,584 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, I'm having this too and though it was part of the game.  The sims are not putting plates in; they are automatically there after the last serving of multi serving meals are ate. 

Message 7 of 12 (1,516 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

But don't you think that this empty plate in the fridge makes sense? I mean, it's a party size meal on a serving plate, your Sim takes a portion of food from it on his own dish (like in real life) and eats, no matter if it's first or last serving you take it on your own dish... Standard smile you don't eat from a serving plate xD so in conclusion, after a party you have to clean 8 dishes AND a serving plate, so it makes sense to me why there is one empty plate in the fridge Standard smile

Message 8 of 12 (1,453 Views)

Hero

From what I hear from the devs, it's not really a bug but it's still annoying so I hope it can be changed (or at least included in the general clean up procedure)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,492 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was left with an empty plate in the fridge and no option to clean it up. I placed it on the counter and my sim could not clean it up. I put it on the floor and they could not clean it up. I went into build mode and could not delete it. I could not shift+click delete it either. The only thing I can do is move the empty plate into my family inventory where it still remains today.

Also, notice that my fridge is emitting a green haze as if there is spoiled food but all the food in the fridge says it is still good. The cupcakes I made the on the cupcake maker don't tell me how long they are good for unless I move them out of the fridge.

Here's a funny story. My sim's daughter was getting married so I saw I had alot of leftovers in the fridge that still had many days left until spoiled. I baked a cake the day of the wedding and put it in the fridge. After I initiated the wedding party I placed all the food in the fridge on tables at the wedding. They them immediately turned spoiled even when they said they had several days left until spoiled when in the fridge. Even the cake I made the same day was spoiled. Everyone at the wedding was grossed out because I literally had a dozen plates of spoiled food out. Only the gluttons were ok with it. It was funny but the wedding was ruined.

Message 10 of 12 (1,416 Views)