Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [ECO] [DU] Not all upgrade parts can be fabricated

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the fabricator menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? Items are missing
What do you expect to see? The items listed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The fabricator seems to have a bug in which at this point of playing I have found two items missing for the menu. I.e. I am unable to fabricate electrical and robotic upgrade parts.

But I can fabricate common, kitchen and pluming upgrade parts and of coures echo upgrade parts.

I think that this is an oversight on the part of the development team more then a bug, but none the less it is a problem that needs addressing.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 4 (969 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] [DU] Not all upgrade parts can be fabricated

Community Manager (retired)

Agreed with what others are saying. If the 'Enthuse about fabrication' social doesn't unlock what you need then that may be a problem, otherwise this sounds by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (738 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@crashdodgers Hi there, I don't think it's a bug, you need to do the 'Enthuse about fabrication' social with a sim to get the electrical upgrade recipe.
Message 2 of 4 (893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What Grand Tofu said, this appears to be working as intended.  Electronic upgrade parts are learned through an interaction with the crafting guru, and maybe robotic parts are learned the same way.

Message 3 of 4 (872 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Agreed with what others are saying. If the 'Enthuse about fabrication' social doesn't unlock what you need then that may be a problem, otherwise this sounds by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 4 (739 Views)