Re: Cannot progress past gardener level 7, daily task stuck

by The_Notable

Original Post

Re: daily career task stays completed

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Xwanton

thanks for that. Yeah, there's a thing with that and that's by design: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Daily-Task-not-resetting/m-p/6156948/highlight/true#... .. forgot about that.

Didn't have time to check your save yet @msliper .. do your Sims have this trait?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 28 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well, that explains everything... I guess the problem is solved then? 

Message 22 of 28 (859 Views)

Hero

@msliper

merged your post. Should have remembered instead of sending you through hoops. My bad.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 28 (848 Views)

Cannot progress past gardener level 7, daily task stuck

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join Gardener career, achieve level 7 (anther artist) in said career
What happens when the bug occurs? Daily task is stuck on "Craft Flower Arrangement (Completed) ---." Cannot get promoted from this level even when skills are levelled appropriately. May be because performance is stuck on "Good."
What do you expect to see? Daily task stuck on "Craft Flower Arrangement (Completed) ---." Inability to get promoted
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See attached

Message 24 of 28 (839 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Katamee Do you mean it stays on completed even after going to work the next day ?

Have you tried canceling the career and re-joining ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 28 (799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes, it stays on completed even after going to work the next day. Per your advice I cancelled the career and rejoined, only to be met with the same problem. I've attached another screenshot: the daily task still reads as "Craft Flower Arrangement (Complete)" and my performance is stuck on "good."

Message 26 of 28 (772 Views)

Hero
@Katamee Does your Sim have the responsibility trait: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Daily-Task-not-resetting/m-p/6156948 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 28 (756 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I don't know how old this post is, and this is my first time writing here, @crinrict I have the same problem that @Katamee has/had, not in the gardener career but in the tech-guru one at level 10, my sim has the responsibility trait but work performance still goes down, I as well have the workaholic lifestyle (don't know if that's relevant), I have read the post and you recommend to quit and rejoin the work. But haven't done that.

I have another sim in the same household at the entertainer career without the responsibility trait and the problem doesn't show up.

P.S. Like I mentioned above this is my first time here, please tell me if I did something wrong or this is not the place to put this.

Thanks in advance

Message 28 of 28 (649 Views)