Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [DU] Law Career: Daily Task needs to be done in one go

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current available expansions and game packs. Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Day Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a Sim in the Law career 2. Have the Sim go to the computer to do a daily task, in this case "File Court Documents" 3. The Sim will work on the task but it will show as "Not Started"
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim works on the task but it shows as "Not Started"
What do you expect to see? I expect the task to show my Sim progressing through it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My Sim is only Level 1 in the Law Career track but when I have my Sim go to do their daily tasks (in this case it is "File Court Documents), it constantly shows as "Not Started". Would love to be able to play through this career. Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 11 (10,934 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Law Career Daily Task not working

Community Manager (retired)

It's by design that progress is not saved if you cancel the interaction mid-way. That should be how all Daily Tasks for all careers work. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (10,710 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@natalya687 Could you post a picture ? For me, it says 0/1 for the file court and once it's done, it checks off properly for me.

Also do you mean Work from home tasks ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (10,900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I actually meant to type "Not Started." Here are some screenshots from my game. 

lawtask1

lawtask2

Message 3 of 11 (10,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@natalya687 Guess then there's the same task for work and daily. Will need to test this.

I'll get back to you later.

EDIT: Tested this and it works fine for me. It says just started for the whole of the process but once the timer is full, it jumps to completed. So I guess it's either just started of completed and no inbetweens.

Does it not jump to conpleted for you once the timer is full ?

It does seem you need to start over if the timer doesn't fill in one session. The timer resets if I cancel. Not sure if that part is a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (10,853 Views)

★★ Novice

I played the task through and it now shows as complete. Guess I was worried for nothing! Thank you for you help.

Message 5 of 11 (10,821 Views)

Hero
@natalya687 Going to mark this as unsure for now as I don't know if the progress should stay if you cancel the interaction.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (10,807 Views)

★★ Novice

Checked again and you’re right, the progress does seem to disappear if I cancel the interaction.  

Message 7 of 11 (10,779 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

It's by design that progress is not saved if you cancel the interaction mid-way. That should be how all Daily Tasks for all careers work. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 11 (10,711 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't have anyone in the Law Career, but one thing I did notice is you are using a laptop or notebook, have you tried it with the desktop computers, sometimes notebooks can act a little wonky especially the notebook that came with Strangervillie as some objects forget to get updated properly either because the Devs overlook it, or it was missed.  I am talking about the AKA combination bathtubs for a while didn't have the Spa Day interactions even though they are consider a tub.  However, that is just an example and not a current problem.

Message 9 of 11 (10,705 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruNick wrote:

EA broke this intentionally, and intends to break all daily tasks that aren't already broken?  Why should daily tasks be done in one go?  Why take an action that was useful and made sense and break it so it is less useful and doesn't make sense?  This is like taking the timers off of actions (like eating), so players have no idea how long the action will take.  How is that an improvement?

Message 10 of 11 (5,783 Views)