[BY DESIGN] [CL] UnorthoBox Gaming Console disconnected

by Delirisi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [CL] UnorthoBox Gaming Console disconnected

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

As can be seen in the image below, the UnorthoBox Gaming Console is placed right up against the TV, yet it still says it needs to be placed closer to an unpaired TV.  This message still appears when the other gaming console is not in use Frown  Anyone know how I can please make this work?  Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 17 (13,128 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: UnorthoBox Gaming Console (City Living) disconnected

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Just want to add a note from one of the Sims 4 designers: "The TV can only be linked to one console at a time."

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 14 of 17 (13,798 Views)

All Replies

Could you try placing it right next to the tv stand? Or moving the tv stand and placing it right underneath the tv?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 17 (13,109 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've tried both and neither worked.  Now the weird part is ....I've noticed that at random times...... sometimes one of the gaming consoles work, but sometimes the other works........and the other doesn't.  I guess since both are placed on that one TV, it randomly picks which one can work? But if both are off, and I want to turn on a specific one, it won't let me.  But with that said, 50% of the time, one of them would be usable/ clickable. I don't know if that makes any sense... 

Message 3 of 17 (13,103 Views)

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 17 (13,092 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nope I don't have any custom mods Frown It's okay, now I solved it by putting each console to their own TV lol Thanks though!! Standard smile!

Message 5 of 17 (13,075 Views)

Hero

@Delirisi moved to the bug forum for now.

This might be by design though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (13,042 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for moving the post! Standard smile

Hopefully there's a more ideal solution for this in the future, but for now, I guess each box to its own TV... Standard smile!

Message 7 of 17 (13,040 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, so I'm also having this problem, but the console to TV ratio is 1:1. Neither the TV stand (coffee table) nor TV itself is CC, but placing the console on the floor next to the TV stand just doesn't work. I've tried in front, to the side, angled, straight, everything. And there don't seem to be any TV stands that will fit both the console AND TV. Perhaps the gaming console needs to be smaller and/or able to place on the same footprint as the TV? idk. I could try a wall-mounted unit but that doesn't fix the problem.

Message 8 of 17 (13,027 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It's weird cause when i put them on the ground, one of them can be read, but the other couldn't .. and technically they are the same distance away from the TV lol, so I don't even know lol Disappointed

Message 9 of 17 (13,004 Views)

Champion (Retired)
The text says an "unpaired" TV. That would mean you need only one game system per TV.
It would be like trying to play Xbox and Playstation on a single television at the same time. You can play one or the other but not both.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 10 of 17 (12,982 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help