Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [CL] [S] Can't fulfill holiday decoration requirement in Apartments

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be in an apartment during Harvest Fest
What happens when the bug occurs? During Harvestfest the decorate task is unachievable in an apartment. Sims are unable to decorate and therefore cannot complete all milestones for the holiday.
What do you expect to see? I expect an exception for apartment residents that does not require the decorate task to be performed if they are unable to decorate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons

I am currently experiencing Harvestfest, but I am sure this is an issue for all holidays that involve decorating.

Message 1 of 5 (9,951 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to decorate apartments for holidays

★★★★ Guide
@ArcherAngelo I think this one is by design and not actually an error. My apartment-dwelling sims can still accomplish this task by a) sim rummaging through the decorations box and b) entering build mode to add the festive decor. Returning back into live mode, the decorate task should check off. If this doesn't work, another option is to edit the holiday to not include the task.
IDK, hope that helps, happy simming.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (9,936 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@ArcherAngelo I think this one is by design and not actually an error. My apartment-dwelling sims can still accomplish this task by a) sim rummaging through the decorations box and b) entering build mode to add the festive decor. Returning back into live mode, the decorate task should check off. If this doesn't work, another option is to edit the holiday to not include the task.
IDK, hope that helps, happy simming.
Message 2 of 5 (9,937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried buying decorations and rummaging through the attic box but it doesn't fulfill the tradition. Unfortunately the tradition is the favorite of one of the sims in the household but I can't fulfill it. It's strange to prevent decor from apartments. I decorate my apartment every Halloween. I put up a wreath and a festive doormat. I think the sims should at least be able to do this.

Update: I had the household travel to visit family and it checked off the decoration tradition for one sim in the household and made it flicker for the other. The one it was flickering for was the sim who loves the tradition. They went ahead and gave treats to trick or treaters as well as dressed in costumes so that checked off the other traditions. I had them go back home and the sim who loves the decoration tradition lost the flickering check-mark. It was unchecked and it seemed there was nothing I could do. So I let it go. But the sims still had a successful holiday.

Note: I had an issue with this same household where they got married and couldn't cut the first slice no matter where I put the cake.I ended up taking the wedding topper and letting them just take a slice instead, then used UI cheats to mark the task as done. So it could be a glitched household but it's a legacy(they are sims born in game) and I do not want to delete them. It could be the apartment is glitched. I like the way their apartment is setup so I don't want to do another one, but that would be better than starting over with a new legacy.

Message 3 of 5 (5,646 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I ran into this, too.  They own a business, so I took the attic stack box to their business and decorated and that checked it off.

Message 4 of 5 (5,555 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [CL] [S] Can't fulfill holiday decoration requirement in Apartme

★★ Apprentice

Purchasing and placing decorations such as garlands and wreaths worked for me to complete the decoration part of Winterfest in an apartment, thank you for the solution!

Message 5 of 5 (3,698 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help