Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] CAS Sliders reset when leaving the makeup tab

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 7 December 2020 Update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to CAS Go to makeup Select a makeup item Adjust Slider Leave makeup tab and go to another feature Go to make up again Try to adjust slider again BUT custom settings are lost and the sliders are reset and as a result uou cannot adjust sliders based on your previous adjustments so if you forget them it is hard to make small changes
What happens when the bug occurs? The makeup looks how it should be but the sliders are reset to the default swatch even if the makeup looks correct on the sims. So if you want to change it again you do not know where you left off the sliders in case you didnt save a custom swatch.
What do you expect to see? The sliders' position should be where it was left off after the customisation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated the sims 4 to the new skin update

When i adjust the sliders and go to another feature and then decide to adjust the slider again i cant because the custom settings are reset if i haven't saved the swatch. So if i want for example to change the makeup or skin slider and then go to clothes and again return to the skin or makeup slider, if i didnt save the swatch, i cannot adjust it, it returns to default... The appearance of the sim is not reset to default, only the slider settings. Please fix this issue, it is really annoying if i want to return to make small changes to an already customised item

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (1,820 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Update CAS Sliders reset when leaving the makeup tab

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this is the intended design. If you want to keep specific makeup customizations you should save it, thanks! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (1,582 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro
@joangog That's why there's an option to save swatches
Message 2 of 6 (1,812 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this is the intended design. If you want to keep specific makeup customizations you should save it, thanks! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (1,583 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimGuruNick I had that happen. The saved swatches don't save once I've closed CAS and go back to use them on another household.
That was completely unmodded too.
Message 4 of 6 (1,532 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimGuruNick I understand that it is intended so I guess it is not a bug but imagine how annoying that is if it was the same for other things too like face features. If i choose a premade nose and then adjust the "invisible" nose slider (aka the skin 3d model) and leave i can always readjust it again from where I left it. I suppose this haopens because the values are translated immediately and adjusted through the sim model and not through sliders but i feel it would be a better design if any adjustments on the sliders stayed put for the specific sim even if the swatch isnt saved. Programmaticaly I guess it would make sense to "read" the saved values from the sim and refresh the sliders to show these values again so as to adjust them from that position rather than save the values on the sim, be done with it and reset the sliders everytime they appear on cas. There should be an interaction of values between the sim and sliders because otherwise the sliders feel clunky and hard to use
Message 5 of 6 (1,508 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@KatAnubis I have the same problem. I created a lot of swatches and they are all gone, once I leave CAS. That is pretty annoying and since I found out, I got so frustrated, I haven't played Sims since then.
Message 6 of 6 (1,483 Views)