[BY DESIGN] Aliens Won't Change to Human Form (Human/Alien hybrids)

by Quien80946

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Aliens Won't Change to Human Form (Human/Alien hybrids)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, and all stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As an adult sim, choose "Change Sim" when clicking on a mirror.
What happens when the bug occurs? If sim is an alien toddler, there are no options in CAS mode to alter its human disguise because the human disguise is nonexistent.
What do you expect to see? When selecting alien toddler sim in CAS mode, there should be a human form that can be changed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloading Cats and Dogs pack, last patch update.

I have a family in which the husband is an alien and the wife is a regular sim. They had twins and when I went to change the twins' appearances, there was no option to change their human disguise (but the dad has it). Both parents were created before the last patch/downloading Cats & Dogs, the twins were born before the patch, but I aged them up AFTER the patch. I have another alien/vampire family where I didn't have this issue before, but since this latest patch, my CAS mode is missing things. Lastly, when in Live mode, my aliens won't change disguises (at any age).

Capture2.JPG 

Alien dad has alien and human forms, alien toddlers do not.

Capture3.JPG 

Live mode: No option to change to human form.

Message 1 of 8 (7,566 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Alien Bug: Aliens Won't Change to Human Form

Community Manager (retired)

I asked around about this and was told "hybrid half-human aliens are not supposed to get any disguise option at any age. Only fully alien sims get disguises."

So it sounds like your issue might be by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (8,080 Views)

All Replies

Champion

I haven't really played with aliens at all, but from what I've read about them on the Internet, hybrid half-human aliens are not supposed to get any disguise option at any age. Only fully alien sims get disguises.

Message 2 of 8 (7,551 Views)

★ Guide

Hmmm, that might be it. This is the first time I've made human-alien hybrid sims (though I do have alien-vampire hybrid sims and they have the alien and human forms). If that's the case, seems like that should be changed because that makes no sense, you know?

Thanks for your reply!

Message 3 of 8 (7,546 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I asked around about this and was told "hybrid half-human aliens are not supposed to get any disguise option at any age. Only fully alien sims get disguises."

So it sounds like your issue might be by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 8 (8,081 Views)

★ Guide

That seems so weird, but I can accept that if it's by design. It's weird since I had an alien (male) and a vampire (female) breed, they had triplets, and the triplets (who are alien) have the ability to change into a disguise. You'd think an alien offspring with a human parent would--by default--have the natural ability to change into the human disguise versus triplets with parents who aren't human at all. Well, I guess vampires are former human...lol.

Thank you for your response. Hopefully, the other problem I posted--missing CAS options--gets fixed soon.

Message 5 of 8 (7,498 Views)

★ Guide

I know that this report has already been solved but just wanted to add my two cents: I don't think this should be changed, as I actually like it. These Sims are not fully alien, so it's only logical that they don't have access to alien powers like creating a human disguise. Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (7,435 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Aliens Won't Change to Human Form (Human/Alien hybrids)

★★★ Newbie

I have two human-alien hybrid kids that can change to human and one that can’t. I’m trying to figure out why one can’t transform but the other two can. 

Message 7 of 8 (2,444 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Aliens Won't Change to Human Form (Human/Alien hybrids)

Community Manager
Hi @Janethelion97,

SimGuruNick looked into this above and shared that it seems to be by design. I'll close this thread out here to limit necroing, as it's working as intended.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 8 (2,425 Views)