Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Alien Baby Return to Home World Issue

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content released to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Return alien baby to home world
What happens when the bug occurs? Unless there has been a change since I last returned an alien baby to the home world, it isn't working the same. Instead of no trace of the baby left behind, the birth certificate remains in the sim's personal inventory and the alien baby is shown as a sibling in the family tree to the sim's other child.
What do you expect to see? Unless there has been a design change I am unaware of, no birth certificate nor appearance in the family tree should be present.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I decided to return the alien baby because the single parent was so close to being an elder, I was surprised to see that the birth certificate remained in his personal inventory.  Didn't worry much about it but I hadn't checked the daughter's family tree until he died of old age in today's game.  I noticed the birth certificate had transferred to the household inventory, again no big deal.  I checked the daughter's family tree to make sure he was showing as a ghost and was surprised to see the returned alien baby as a sibling because I don't recall this being the case in the past.  It's been quite a while since I've returned an alien baby but in the past, it made it like the event never occurred.

Has there been a change, or is this an issue?  I marked 100% only because it's literally been years since I last sent one back.  I usually keep them.

Message 1 of 12 (4,316 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Alien Baby Return to Home World Issue

EA Sims Team

Hello @dolldrms1 @crinrict

I heard this was by design.  So that the alien baby is not forgotten.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (4,326 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
Adding this as it seems an odd change but it could be on purpose. You never know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (4,224 Views)

★ Pro

I know what you mean about an odd change if by design.  I know the last time I returned an alien baby a couple of years ago that the baby did not appear in the family tree.  I honestly think something is amiss.  You can see that I submitted another report for this household this morning.  So weird.

Message 3 of 12 (4,201 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @dolldrms1 @crinrict

I heard this was by design.  So that the alien baby is not forgotten.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 12 (4,327 Views)

★★★★ Guide
how sweet
Message 5 of 12 (4,139 Views)

Champion
A bit creepy though how it stays a baby forever, like it died as a baby.

Would be nice if it grew up and came back one day as an adult alien NPC townie.
Message 6 of 12 (4,131 Views)

★ Pro

Thank you for your response @SimQARobo .  This is a change from the original design.  After putting up this thread I checked the SimsVIP game guide to see if anything was shown about Home World return.  I wanted to be sure I was remembering correctly that previously alien babies were not shown in the family tree, if returned.  Here's the excerpt from the guide:

"NOTE: The “Send back to Home-World” interaction on Alien babies will remove the baby from the Household, and permanently delete them from the Family Tree. Once you have used this interaction on the baby, you cannot get it back."

Personally, I prefer the way originally implemented but I guess at this point that's feedback.

Message 7 of 12 (4,082 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Alien Baby Return to Home World Issue

★ Guide

I get how this says by design, but honestly I find it in poor design, now I have this creepy alien baby stuck for my sim in her family tree forever because I have aging turned off.  There should be some kind of option or something to delete it from the family tree for those of us who really don't want it forever in our family tree.

Message 8 of 12 (4,004 Views)

[GTW] Sending an alien baby back to the home planet remains in the family tree

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an alien baby (not infant) and send it back to the home planet.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the alien baby (not infant) is sent back to the home planet, it remains in the family tree.
What do you expect to see? That the alien baby (not infant) is no longer in the family tree, but is completely removed from the family tree.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It should have been in 2015, if you sent it back at that time the alien baby was also completely removed from the family tree.

Message 9 of 12 (431 Views)

Re: [GTW] Sending an alien baby back to the home planet remains in the family tr

Hero
@T0RN_x This as been deemed by design: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Alien-Baby-Return-to-Home-World-Issue/m-p/6625779

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (422 Views)