[BY DESIGN] Age groups start with random days added from CAS/Gallery

by IrisGottaBelieve

Original Post

Re: New Households Start With Days Added

★ Guide

Thanks! I'm new to Answers HQ, so I'm still getting the hang of this. I feel I should mention after reading through the thread that I never encountered this problem till the Nov. 13 and 20 patches. Before that my young adult sims always started with a "fresh bar," with 96 days until aging up, even with multiple sims in the household. I've personally never had a new sim that started with say 94 days instead of 96 before these last two patches.

Message 21 of 111 (1,746 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's probably not just the CAS bug, as when you age your old sims with a cake they have random days left as well... Aged one of my old sims several times and he had 93,92 and 89 days left straight up after he blew out his candles. So just don't age your sims for now either, I guess?

Message 22 of 111 (1,715 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the update.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 111 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Another update.

Friend who uses MCCC didn't have the bug (sims started at 96 days), we took MCCC out and the bug happened. (two sims, one 83 days second 92), we also tried the cake aging and without the mod the sims really do age with some days already passed, with it on there's no problem

This made me download the command center and it really works.(new sims start with 96 days) Having  MCCC fixes the bug. No idea why or what causes this but... If anyone reading this wants a fix for now, just download MCCC and let it sit in the mods folder, you dont have to use it, you can have everything it does off.. (make sure to turn on the script mods on in game settings) 

Message 24 of 111 (1,695 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@IrisGottaBelieve: It's because MCCC still has the unofficial fix for the original CAS Aging bug in it, and according to Liam over at the Discord for it, both the old and new issue involve the same line of code.

I wonder if this new Random Days Left thing is By Design (we need a dev to confirm or deny this for sure, though), but since I use MCCC, I'm glad to hear this disables the random days. Standard smile

Message 25 of 111 (1,640 Views)

Re: New game sims start with random days till age up

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

In the past, all my sims started with nothing on their age bars. Now, when I make a new sim using "new game", they are assigned a random days in that age. It is across all ages.

The way I've worked around it is to cheat them enough points to (1,500) to buy the youth potion. This starts them over in their age and removes what CAS did.

Message 26 of 111 (1,564 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Age groups start with random days added

★ Pro

Today i opened some old saves i have not played in a few months ageing has always been off, moved them to my library before adding them to a different game and all Sims aged, even my vampire Sims. This is affecting all Sims saved through CAS not just new Sims, since in my original saves there age bars are blank no green.

Message 27 of 111 (1,546 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You could also just buy the potion of youth with bb.showhiddenobjects fo 0 simoleons. or just get MCCC...
Thank you all for the input! 

Message 28 of 111 (1,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I still have the CAS ageing bug even with all mods disabled and then MC Command Centre on 

Message 29 of 111 (1,488 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Age groups start with random days added

★ Novice

Thought it was only me!

I opened a save prior to the release of Get Famous, and my vampire Sims suddenly have progress to their aging bars? However they all are different. My two vampires who have both lived 195 days have different levels of 'progress' to their bars.

I've been holding off playing ever since the CAS and CC bugs from GF, to come back to this. I might just continue gameplay and see if the bars move or are just stationary. If this is a new 'feature' then I'm assuming it was applied to all Sims which is why it suddenly happened to unaging ones as well.

Just worried to make further progress with my game for it to be an actual issue with gameplay. Hoping it's just cosmetic.

Message 30 of 111 (1,460 Views)