Re: my sims 4 family is in a random order

by IrisGottaBelieve

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jonnydnicholson  I merged your thread into this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 111 (1,585 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey Jonny,  if you are not comfortable with mods, you can use bb.showhiddenobjects and buy the potion of youth in the buy mode. No need to waste your satisfaction points. Standard smile 

Message 82 of 111 (1,525 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Toddler created in CAS - Never played

I can deal with older Sims being a day or so older but not Toddlers.
With only 7 days (normal aging) to master skills I see this as a real handicap.
I have potions for other Sims but toddlers cannot use them.
I tested another household with 6 toddlers created for Toddler Mania Challenge.
Their ages varied slightly but all were about a day older than the start of the stage.
Game Version 1.50.67.1020
All current patches and content thru StrangerVille.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 83 of 111 (1,442 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I also had this happen with a household I created last night for a challenge that is being played on a short lifespan. I forgot that I had removed MCC to do some testing (it has an option that fixes this issue) and both teens are starting with only six days vs the usual seven.  I prefer not to use cheats to age them down (ie to give them points to get a youth potion), so I’m just going to turn aging off for a day, but it would be nice if this was fixed. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 84 of 111 (1,431 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Age groups start with random days added

★★ Novice

I've got my game running MCC and Work hard mod but every time that I exit build mode one of my twin toddlers always come up with name has aged up and I end up with another crib, as it's like one of my toddlers is a baby going to a toddler, so far in my save game It has happened to the same toddler 3 times.

Message 85 of 111 (1,415 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this issue is by design, it was purposefully changed when we fixed this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-S-Twin-toddlers-children-don-t-have-birthday-on-the-same...

The design is that we have randomized ages so that Sims don't all end up having the same birthday when coming out of CAS. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 86 of 111 (6,915 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SimGuruNick Thanks for letting us know it’s not actually a bug however, as you can may be able to tell from some of the comments, it’s not the best design for those of us who like to do challenges. I personally prefer having sims have the same birthday vs having their lifespan shortened.  It’s an even bigger issue if you play on normal or short lifespans. It would be nice if there was a toggle or option to turn it off as I’d prefer not to have to use a mod or a workaround to avoid this, though I guess that’s currently the only way at the moment. 🙂

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 87 of 111 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

New families created with create a sim start with random days of their life state usually 2 to 3 days apart to give the illusion that they have lived longer or you would have families that all had birthdays on the same day and that would be no fun.  This was a fix to The Sims 3 and 2 version of the game and is by design to keep the different sims a little bit different.  The sims in the gallery should keep the life state age of what they where when they where uploaded.

For example when I played my family that started during base game,

Amy had a age of 96, while Adam had a age of 93, not too far apart in age, really this keeps the birthdays from falling on the same day.

Edit I posted too late, but the gallery stuff is still important.

Message 88 of 111 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I remember a few saying that random numbers days were also added on aging.

Can anyone confirm to me that is still happening to them (aka, no CAS involved but aging through cake or by the game).

If that's the case for you, does it happen for 

• Played Sims
  • Active Sims
  • NPCs ?

@IrisGottaBelieve 

If it happens for Sims on AGING (not if you place them from CAS or the Gallery), please create a new thread. As Nick stated above, the random days added are by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 111 (1,241 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict  I've not noticed days being added with the cake, but I'll continue to pay attention when I next age up some sims.

I also wanted to add that I noticed recently that two different sets of twins that I created came out of CAS with different 'ages' (ie one twin of both pairs of twins had more days passed than the other in both cases).  I don't think twins should be coming out of CAS at different ages Standard smile. Also, I thought the way it worked before was fine since you could easily have a birthday whenever you wanted by aging a sim up on a cake and it gave the player more control over their sim. 

Thanks and regards, 
Jennifer

Message 90 of 111 (1,159 Views)