Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Age groups start with random days added from CAS/Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for my first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? New game start.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I start a new game after the terrain tool patch, any sim has some days already passed on the sims aging bar. Majority of my new sims start around 80th day instead of the actual number (i think it's 96?) The number is random, doesn't matter how long you stay in CAS - spent 1 minute making sim and the sim started at 83 days, spent half an hour in CAS and sim started at 90.
What do you expect to see? Sims start their new game life at normal clean bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.47.49.1020

Tried this with randomized sims, several sims fromt he gallery and sims i made. Repaired game and reinstalled it completely. Thought the new patch from yesterday would fix the issue but it didn't.

Message 1 of 111 (8,598 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Age groups start with random days added

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this issue is by design, it was purposefully changed when we fixed this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-S-Twin-toddlers-children-don-t-have-birthday-on-the-same...

The design is that we have randomized ages so that Sims don't all end up having the same birthday when coming out of CAS. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 86 of 111 (6,900 Views)

All Replies

Re: New game sims start with random days till age up

Hero

Hi @IrisGottaBelieve

I did some testing on my save and while they don't start at the same age, it's not extreme for me (normal aging - 21 to 23 days till aging). Afaik it's normal that not everyone starts at the same. Think that was either changed a while ago or been like that always.

I did three tests: 1 min in CAS, 10 min in CAS, 20 min in CAS and I got the same variations in age for all three settings.

I'm unsure at this point how it's with gallery Sims if they start at the age they are when they were uploaded or start over like everyone else.

Have you tried all kinds of ages or just adults ? I haven't checked how much they vary on long but probably more then on normal.

Waiting for more opinions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 111 (8,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, 
Thanks for the repply!

You are probably right about the sims starting differently always - tried to load up saves I never continued after putting sims in, but none of them were that drastic. Usually  mayimum of 91 days till aging, never more. Now that I thought hard about it majority of my sims started at 93.
Tried with the other ages right now several times as well. Young adult had 88 days or less till aging, one of the elders even were on half of their bar till dying, adults were around 84 days or less till aging up, teenagers around 50 days, children 50days or less, toddlers around 27.

Maybe I was just lucky till now? 10-20 days gone seem quite a lot, but half a bar gone seems pretty drastic eitherway, especially with an elder sim. 

Thank you so much for your time!

Message 3 of 111 (8,499 Views)

★ Guide
I always play with aging off, and I find it very frustrating that my Sims age on both creation and when entering CAS - despite that I have aging disabled. The post-pack patch didn't fix it for me. I have repaired, deleted the cache, etc.
Message 4 of 111 (8,486 Views)

Hero
But wasn't that the same before the GF patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 111 (8,457 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I've often created new sims and then played with them and I can't say I ever noticed that they didn't start with the same number of days remaining until they aged up, so if that's changed, I would think that was a recent thing. I do recall that if I create them all at the same life stage, which ever one I created first shows up on the far left (ie as the 'oldest') but I always remember that the number of days they have remaining until they age up is the same. That would make it hard for some challenges as the premise is that you have what is expected to be the normal lifespan (if that's the lifespan you are playing on) to complete it and by having them randomly age, the game is taking away from the amount of time they have to complete the goals. 

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 6 of 111 (8,427 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I can't say I noticed it before either. And if it was there, for sure not this drastic. My sims always had birthday at the same time. 
Even with households with several young adults - each one has different number of days till aging up - that never happened to me before. Made a household just now with two young adults. One has 91 days till aging up, second one 87. 

To the note I tried to make households on normal lifespan and the numbers weren't so drastic like in long lifespan, usually around 20-21. Elders have bar pretty full as well though. Last time I played on normal I'm pretty sure all sims started at 24. 

It really does make it hard for challenges.

Message 7 of 111 (8,399 Views)

★ Guide
When playing with aging disabled, the aging bar did not ever show any progress at all, it was completely disabled right up to Get Famous. Now, it may be disabled again after the patch, but it still shows whatever random number of days a created Sim starts out with as though aging really was enabled.

Looking closely, I do believe that Sims have stopped actually aging in CAS after the patch which is awesome! It might boil down to just being an aesthetic issue. I'm simply used to the aging bar not showing anything at all Standard smile
Message 8 of 111 (8,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

That's good!  Glad the CAS aging isn't an issue anymore. 

Sadly I don't play with disable aging, Luckily I didn't experience the CAS aging glitch, just this and its a bit of an issue as it makes challenges much harder- especially on normal span. For example when you do Runaway teen challenge, it's a bit of a difference if you have 13 or 9 days to do so. Actually even challenges where you start as a young adult 24 and 20 make a big difference. Even the long span ones actually, like I said before 88 and 96 are a big difference too.

So still trying to figure out why do they start with random numbers whenever I start a new family and put them down. 

Thank you all for your time and input though!

Message 9 of 111 (8,355 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I’ve been playing the sims 4 since day one and I’ve never seen sims start with random aging. They always start at the very beginning of their aging bar (I never see any green in the aging bar after being created from CAS) I’m not ok with this feature being in my game because it makes no logical sense. If I create two young adult sims in cas I expect them to both be the exact age and both starting at the beginning of their age bar. I’m not ok with this if this is a feature. 

Message 10 of 111 (8,319 Views)