Re: Adult Sims are scared of thunderstorms.

by SimGuruKuxiku

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Adult Sims are scared of thunderstorms.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (from Get to Work to Paranormal)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim be indoors during a thunderstorm without the Storm Chaser trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is scared of thunderstorms despite being inside.
What do you expect to see? Sim to not be scared of thunderstorms while inside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure if this is an actual "bug" per say or just broken coding. I expect kids and younger to be scared of thunderstorms. I don't expect my adult sims to be scared of thunderstorms except when they're outside. I usually almost immediately cheat to add the Storm Chaser trait to my sims to deal with it but I don't want a positive boost either. I shouldn't have to resort to cheating to make balances and otherwise fix broken things. I mean EA's a huge company with an equally large team. This is an embarrassment to them as a company and their team. And honestly, I wouldn't bother hiring them if they can't get the simple things right. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (3,260 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Sims Team

Sul sul everyone!

Thank you for raising your concerns with adult Sims being scared of thunderstorms!

The team considers this to be working as intended. Even adult Sims will be scared and receive a Tense Scared of Thunderstorms buff while inside on a lot with a Thunderstorm. If they are out in the storm, they should receive a stronger Tense What Am I Doing Out Here?! buff instead.
To provide you with some further insight: Sims with a Loves Outdoors & Insane personality will never receive either of those buffs. Also, Sims who are Self-Assured and Sims in the Confident Emotion do not get the Scared of Thunderstorms buff.

With all of that being said, we definitely appreciate your feedback so if you see any other issues with this feature, feel free to let us know!

Thanks so much and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (2,952 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't see this as problem, but I did notice the moodlet itself is wonky. In my game I have one sim, he has clumsy, perfectionist and cheerful traits, and another one, his wife, she is erratic, good and perfectionist. Cheerful sim gets the scared moodlet, erratic does not, but she also doesn't get any buff. None of them have storm chaser trait. 

Message 2 of 10 (3,211 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@InessaMaximova So it's pretty much a "random" and "hidden" trait then? Like the handedness (whether you're left or right handed). It's an mild annoyance to me because mine tend to supersede/overpower other moodlets. In all of my saves, they all get the scared moodlet. Maybe I just have horrible luck. =/
Message 3 of 10 (3,201 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Hiroko-sama I had to stop having pets as they were terrified if it started raining, let alone a thunderstorm. All my sims have the Storm Chaser trait. It's easy to find. (if you don't mid using cheats as a workaround). Standard smile
Message 4 of 10 (3,190 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Hiroko-sama I feel this is one of many oversights in the game design. Storm Chaser trait should prevent Sims from being scared of Thunderstorms I feel. Otherwise what is the point of it.
Message 5 of 10 (3,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Bearpal64 Actually it should make them feel better (happy, energized, ect) rather than neutralize the fear. No fear should either age specific or have a dedicated trait to make them afraid.

@Gednaaahhh Yeah. I'm rather miffed and disappointed that I can't play WITHOUT cheating because of a variety of things.

[Admin - merged consecutive posts together]

Message 6 of 10 (3,034 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul sul everyone!

Thank you for raising your concerns with adult Sims being scared of thunderstorms!

The team considers this to be working as intended. Even adult Sims will be scared and receive a Tense Scared of Thunderstorms buff while inside on a lot with a Thunderstorm. If they are out in the storm, they should receive a stronger Tense What Am I Doing Out Here?! buff instead.
To provide you with some further insight: Sims with a Loves Outdoors & Insane personality will never receive either of those buffs. Also, Sims who are Self-Assured and Sims in the Confident Emotion do not get the Scared of Thunderstorms buff.

With all of that being said, we definitely appreciate your feedback so if you see any other issues with this feature, feel free to let us know!

Thanks so much and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 10 (2,953 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SimGuruKuxiku Makes totally sense. I think we are talking about real heavy thunderstorms and not the casual everyday ones. Having experienced Typhoons in real life, I'd be scared too if one is capable of striking objects (and even Sims) and destroying them in an instant just a few feet away from you. We can be glad that storms like these don't ruin our lots and homes entirely.

Message 8 of 10 (2,927 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Gednaa If you have cats, you can feed them napnip and they stop being afraid of the storm until it wears off. Sadly, you cannot give napnip to dogs. I wish!
Message 9 of 10 (2,915 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul! 

Since this has been confirmed to be by design, I'm locking this bug report. If you want to discuss this further, feel free to hop over to this thread in General Discussion. Standard smile 

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 10 (2,878 Views)