Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] $4 is being deducted from the cost of floor pattern applied to pool

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. In your residential lot, open build mode. 2. Build a pool on the ground. e.g. 4x4 3. Push [PageDown] key to switch to B1 floor. 4. Select [Floor] in BuildUI(left-bottom's tile button). Select any pattern(such as $4 Cucumber Marble). Select [BOX] icon next to the [Floor] icon. 5. Click the pool's bottom to design it.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. mouse cursor will show -$0. 2. free
What do you expect to see? Deduct the money as it should be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

xsolved

Message 1 of 9 (1,120 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Floor money does not deducted from household money

Hero (Retired)

Agreed - not a bug after all.  Not sure of the conversation above as it looks like the OP changed some of it, but I assume it was discussed that the default pool flooring is actually a different floor style than that used for default fountain and room/flat flooring.  The default for non pool structures is called Construction Quality Concrete and has a $0 cost.  The floor style for pools is called Barely Concrete and costs $4.  This difference is what caused the initial confusion.  Note that its the same situation with wall styles - default drywall is applied to the walls of rooms and fountains, and it has no cost, but the default pool wall style is called Fit and Trim and costs $2.  I would have preferred that pools be treated the same way as fountain in terms of default floor and wall styles, but it is a fairly minor detail.  In the end, you're not likely to leave any of them as the default; the difference is you're paying for the pool wall/flooring costs upfront.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,010 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

I can confirm this behavior in my game as well.  For further clarification, selecting a floor pattern with a value of $4 results in a $0 charge for pool flooring.  Selecting a more expensive pattern, such as the $8 Old World Wide Plank Flooring, results in a $4 charge.  It appears that the game is subtracting $4 from the price of any floor pattern placed on the pool floor.  Floor styles are charged correctly for fountain flooring.  Also, it does not matter what level the pool is built upon - the problem applies to pool flooring on any level.  Will add this to our list.

Message 2 of 9 (1,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

solved

Message 3 of 9 (1,066 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Where was the normal flooring located @99publicidentity?  On a particular level of the build?  Interior or exterior?  Charges for those floorings are being deducted in my game, unless placed on pool flooring...

Message 4 of 9 (1,027 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Floor money does not deducted from household money

★★★★ Guide

This is a bug? I always thought that it's intended. In fact you gain money back if paint cheaper floor pattern over more expensive floor pattern, as the game assumes you sold the old flooring. The same is true for wall patterns.

Message 5 of 9 (1,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

solved

Message 6 of 9 (1,008 Views)

★★★★ Guide
You can't apply real life logic tho, as a lot of stuff wouldn't make sense otherwise. For instance you can resize a 5x5 room or pool back down to 5x4 in the game and you'll get some money back. In real life, it'd be a costly job to achieve the same thing and no way you are getting any money back.
Message 7 of 9 (999 Views)

Champion
I agree with @elelunicy that this is not a bug. You get a refund of things you delete or replace in build mode, e.g. the cost of the old flooring you are replacing will be refunded when you place a new flooring on top and this has always been the behaviour.
Message 8 of 9 (986 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Agreed - not a bug after all.  Not sure of the conversation above as it looks like the OP changed some of it, but I assume it was discussed that the default pool flooring is actually a different floor style than that used for default fountain and room/flat flooring.  The default for non pool structures is called Construction Quality Concrete and has a $0 cost.  The floor style for pools is called Barely Concrete and costs $4.  This difference is what caused the initial confusion.  Note that its the same situation with wall styles - default drywall is applied to the walls of rooms and fountains, and it has no cost, but the default pool wall style is called Fit and Trim and costs $2.  I would have preferred that pools be treated the same way as fountain in terms of default floor and wall styles, but it is a fairly minor detail.  In the end, you're not likely to leave any of them as the default; the difference is you're paying for the pool wall/flooring costs upfront.

Message 9 of 9 (1,011 Views)