[BUG] drinking coffee doesn't replenish energy

by cool1007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BUG] drinking coffee doesn't replenish energy

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I have the second best coffee machine and when drinking coffee, the energy bar would not replenish (I could see even red arrows as my energy kept deplenishing while drinking coffee). I had my sim pass out for lack of energy even though she drank 3 cups of coffee.

Also, the mood effect didn't actually do anything, I was expecting her to not be able to sleep at all or at least be "edgy" or nervous.

I hope you look into this.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8 (4,268 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [BUG] drinking coffee doesn't replenish energy

Hero

This has been fixed in the way that it now gives you an energized moodlet. Guess that's the way it's supposed to work.

Post in the feedback forum over at the official forum if you want that changed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (4,267 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I have this as well, put it in the house to keep the Sim awake and all it succeeded in was making them need to go to the toilet sooner.

Message 2 of 8 (4,229 Views)

Hero

Now that I think of it, I can confirm that

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (4,224 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Guys, I don't think this is a bug.

Coffee works more like in real life now.  If you're exhausted, drinking three cups of coffee isn't going to magically make you rested.

What coffee seems to do now is add an "energized" moodlet, so that if you're otherwise pretty healthy you get supercharged.  But it doesn't cure lack of sleep, just like it doesn't in real life.

Message 4 of 8 (4,044 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SimSirenSix wrote:

Coffee works more like in real life now.  If you're exhausted, drinking three cups of coffee isn't going to magically make you rested.

What coffee seems to do now is add an "energized" moodlet, so that if you're otherwise pretty healthy you get supercharged.  But it doesn't cure lack of sleep, just like it doesn't in real life.

This.

OP is confusing Energy need with Energized moodlet. Coffee does not replenish Energy need, it adds Energized moodlet to help with working out and certain jobs. Only way to replenish Energy need is to either sleep, nap or drink a potion.

Message 5 of 8 (4,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SimSirenSix wrote:

I don't want to sound like a **bleep**, but then I guess you don't know how caffeine works or never experienced how drinking a few cups of coffee do indeed prevent sleep and increase alertness. This way people can't sleep at night after drinking coffee. It is actually the tool at hand for students that want to do overnight studies (or red bull, which also contains caffeine). I have never heard of using coffee to increase my energy, or I'd start drinking it before hitting the gym :P

Now, if this is the functionality they intend to give coffee makers, it should be better stated, specially for those of us long time players of the series.

Message 6 of 8 (4,026 Views)

Hero

There was no energized moodlet before the patch so it seems they 'fixed' this by giving the Sim a moodlet now.

Need to try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (3,970 Views)

Hero

This has been fixed in the way that it now gives you an energized moodlet. Guess that's the way it's supposed to work.

Post in the feedback forum over at the official forum if you want that changed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (4,268 Views)