BSOD every 10-15 minutes of playing in BF1

by 000ROYAL000

Original Post

BSOD every 10-15 minutes of playing in BF1

★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug BSOD after playing 10-15 minutes of bf1 on a high spec PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by playing 10-15 minutes in multiplayer.
What happens when the bug occurs? BSOD or PC freezes to the limit that you can barely move the mouse to close the game.
Please select your region Other
In what game mode did the bug occur? Operations
AMD or Nvidia Model Number
Enter RAM memory size in GB

I've done ram diagnosing and system check and disabled nvidia overlay and many solutions hoping to solve my problem but none of these helped me out and also many people are experiencing this kind of problem please help ASAP.Frown

Message 1 of 15 (2,496 Views)

Re: BSOD every 10-15 minutes of playing in BF1

Community Manager

@000ROYAL000

Running System File Checker and performing a clean boot could help here:

Clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

SFC: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

If your GPU is factory overclocked, running it at base clock speeds is worth trying too.

Let us know your results, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 15 (2,476 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've tried SFC and everything is working normally by the result of the end of test. amd when I've done a clean boot a problem happened to me similar to BSOD but not freezing completely but a very slow mouse moving after crashing the game asking me to close the program. So neither SFC nor clean boot worked for me please help me out I want to play my game just like anyone else.
Message 3 of 15 (2,459 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Windows had an update (KB4284835) and since a lot of people have been crashing within 10-15 min of playing. If you have this latest update try uninstalling it and see if that works.

Message 4 of 15 (2,450 Views)

★★★★ Novice
If you mean this update for win 10 then i don't have win 10 I have 7 ultimate and this problem occurs to me always even before I updated the latest version... Any more help.
Message 5 of 15 (2,442 Views)

Community Manager

@000ROYAL000

I have just spotted your monitor is set to 240Hz refresh rate where the native rate is 60Hz.

Can you set it to 60Hz and let us know if that helps, thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 15 (2,425 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I did it on 60 Hz but the experience was very bad because I've got used to play on 240 Hz and also the crashing still persists.. any help please because I'm on game trial and I love this game but I don't want also to pay my money on game that crashes frequently with unknown reasons... and i want to see if any solution works ASAP or not because I want to take the advantage of the ongoing sale currently before the 21 of June.
Message 7 of 15 (2,383 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Why Barry you didn't didn't respond to my latest reply.... WHY EA IS NOT GIVING THEIR CUSTOMERS THEIR FULL SUPPORT FOR THEM.... WHY MOST OF PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING AND QUIT PLAYING BF1...... Simply because you don't give them the appropriate and the effective solution.
Message 8 of 15 (2,225 Views)

Community Manager

@000ROYAL000

Apologies for missing your responses here. We can try more troubleshooting but your issue may be outside of the game (a hardware issue). You may be seeing an overheating issue and the easiest way to check that is by running a monitoring app such as Speccy

That will allow you to check CPU and GPU temperatures as well as lots of other things.

A clean install of your video drivers may also help, run your video driver setup and choose custom/advanced and then deselect the optional GeForce Experience components and tick the box for 'clean install'. The clean install option is important because it will remove all previous driver components.

barry.png
Message 9 of 15 (2,214 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've done all what you said already and I went to a maintenance center to check my hardware components and everything was ok but that didn't resolve my problem... Any other solutions ???
Message 10 of 15 (2,211 Views)