BSF CBM - working as intended or bug?

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Tablet
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? pc emulated
OS Version win7 64
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 368-455-383
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug in DR mirror, i see 2 problems(bugs?). . first, if i go first, have BSF go before opponent, the CBM only gets applied to 3-4 out of 5 targets (like 90% of the time), even when i have modded +100% potency, and the enemy has no + tenacity over base stats. this is truly RNG design working as intended? frustrating because it can lead to instant failure. . second, i have seen (rarely?) enemy BSF apply CBM to my team while she is under my DR's insanity fear (miss next turn). how is this?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play mirror matches with DR team.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country usa

aside from the criticism that CBM is an awful meta based on speed,

it also has other negative traits that i am experiencing, i wish to understand why.

Message 1 of 4 (384 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BSF CBM - working as intended or bug?

Hi @shhfiftyfive and thanks for the report!

1. CBM (as with all resistable debuffs) always has a baseline 15% chance to resist. Without knowing exactly which characters are being impacted and what their tenacity levels are, I can't calculate the odds of a resist, but there's always a 15% chance minimum (which is about 1 out of 5).

2. Secondly, the verbiage on Fear (and Stun) is a pet peeve of mine. The tool-tip says they "miss their next turn", but that is somewhat misleading.
An enemy with stun or fear DOES take a turn. However, they are not allowed to take an action. Their turn meter reaches 100%, any passive effects (like CBM) are applied at the beginning of their turn, then their turn ends, and end-of-turn effects (like cooldown decreases & buff/debuffs expiring) happen. So an enemy BSF with fear will still try to apply CBM on your team when she gets a turn, even if she can't take any actions.

I hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (367 Views)

All Replies

Hi @shhfiftyfive and thanks for the report!

1. CBM (as with all resistable debuffs) always has a baseline 15% chance to resist. Without knowing exactly which characters are being impacted and what their tenacity levels are, I can't calculate the odds of a resist, but there's always a 15% chance minimum (which is about 1 out of 5).

2. Secondly, the verbiage on Fear (and Stun) is a pet peeve of mine. The tool-tip says they "miss their next turn", but that is somewhat misleading.
An enemy with stun or fear DOES take a turn. However, they are not allowed to take an action. Their turn meter reaches 100%, any passive effects (like CBM) are applied at the beginning of their turn, then their turn ends, and end-of-turn effects (like cooldown decreases & buff/debuffs expiring) happen. So an enemy BSF with fear will still try to apply CBM on your team when she gets a turn, even if she can't take any actions.

I hope this helps!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

okay then. i get it. 

wow, i can't believe CG actually thinks this is a good thing, or that the players will want to be submitted to this mirror match behavior for the next many months...  its certainly an undesirable circumstance, yet the meta seems to be intentionally balanced around this one awful ability and so many loopholes in how it is able to work and ruin a mirror match..., which is causing myself and others to take a serious consideration of quitting spending. because this is just mind boggling.

at least i now know its not a bug, but that is indeed sad news, as this game has becomes less and less worthy of my attention, because this is not clever, fun or satisfying..

Message 3 of 4 (357 Views)

The Darth Revan kit interactions are certainly very complicated, especially when you add Bastila Fallen and CBM into the mix. I am hearing a lot of similar frustrations from guild members who have DR and Malak.

I think part of the frustration is that battles usually last less than 45 seconds - so there's not much opportunity to learn. Usually the entire battle can hinge on one moment, but that moment is different each battle. The Jedi Revan mirror matches were rarely "over" until you lost GMY and Jolee, and they took so long that you could learn the behaviors.

I'm having decent luck with this meta, but I have to slow down and stop before every turn, to assess "does this toon have CBM" and how do I change my decision-making based on the answer to that question. Remember - your Bastila is applying CBM to their team even if their Bastila goes first!