Re: BFV: video of sound bug (only menu music and some sfx)

by Gerhard_Koepke

Original Post

BFV: video of sound bug (only menu music and some sfx)

★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Gv3fwnG2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29.07.19 17:26
Summarize your bug Almost all in-game sound was missing, while the menu music from between rounds was still playing. Only a few sound effects did play (i.e. hits on my tank). After about 5 minutes, the game crashed to the PS4 dashboard (not in video). (Additional bug: the map overview at the beginning of the match was broken)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is what I did: Step 1: end one round of Conquest Step 2: while still in the hangar view with the characters, go into the menu and open the "Squads" menu Step 3: switch squad Step 4: leave squad menu right when the map/spawn overview is shown (map overview was broken already) Step 5: spawn in (in my case: in a tank)
What happens when the bug occurs? The background music from the in-between rounds menu was still playing, while almost all in-game sounds and music was missing. Only the hits on my tank were playing, a small feedback sound when trying to shoot w/o ammo ready and UI feedback for a successfully captured flag. Just after I saved the captured video on my PS4, the game crashed to the PS4 dashboard (not shown in video).
What should be happening instead? All in game sounds should play normal. The menu music should stop.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjDX_Y6C9po

Platform: PS4
BFV version: patch 4.2
Region: Europe (Germany)
Mode: Conquest
Map: Panzerstorm
Vehicle: Valentine MK VIII
Related assignment: none
Related ToW challenge: none
Daily challenge: none

Description:
Playing Conquest on Panzerstorm, while almost all sound was missing, except for menu background music, hits to my tank and some minor UI feedback sounds.

Expected behaviour: all sounds should play as normal, while the menu background music should stop.

Steps to reproduce:
(This is what I did)
Step 1: end one round of Conquest
Step 2: while still in the hangar view with the characters, go into the menu and open the "Squads" menu
Step 3: switch squad
Step 4: leave squad menu right when the map/spawn overview is shown (map overview was broken already)
Step 5: spawn in (in my case: in a tank)

Additional notes: sorry for the mediocre quality. YouTube has trouble with converting PS4 video, even though I transferred it to USB first and it looks fine. Better than direct sharing, though.

Message 1 of 7 (672 Views)

Community Manager

@Gerhard_Koepke 

Thanks for giving us the detailed steps for reproduction. Can you confirm you've already attempted a reinstall of the game and power cycle with the console to ensure that doesn't fix it? What kind of headset are you using and do you also use a sound mixer?

If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues.

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 7 (648 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi Blueberry,

thanks for the reply. Since the game is huge - I would have to download the digital version + the patches - and this issue only happened once, I will not reinstall the game for now. But I just reinstalled BFV on June 5, 2019 after deleting it by accident (I don't even know what happened there). I can try the power cycle next time I'm playing, though.

My digital copy of BFV is installed on my internal hdd (original PS4 hdd).

I'm using the PS4 Gold wireless headset. No mixer.

Message 3 of 7 (643 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same problem on PS4

Message 4 of 7 (630 Views)

Community Manager

@FlLLlP_KlRKOROV  @Gerhard_Koepke 

Thank you for sharing the clips, we'll make sure this is passed along to the team. You marked it as 0-9% of the time. Would you say it happens 1/10 games or more often than that? I would hate to ask you to reinstall the game, but if it's happening every few games it might be worth a shot in the event there could be corrupted files from the last update.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (613 Views)

★ Apprentice

Seems to me, that @FlLLlP_KlRKOROV did the exact same steps I posted (switch the squad just before the next map is loaded), so it might not be random. I just happened to trigger it only once thus far and I haven't had the time to repeat the same steps again.

Message 6 of 7 (606 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Blueberry, do we get any feedback on the status of issues we reported?

The way it is know, does not really make me want to go through the hassle of reporting again.

Message 7 of 7 (543 Views)