AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Vega64 Sapphire reference
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26.06.2019
Summarize your bug The plane spotting cameras do not work at all, no enemies will be spotted, no points awarded. This was tested and found true for the Allied Blenheim MkI and the Axis Ju-88C. Ammo reload works normally.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take plane with spotting camera, use spotting camera.
What happens when the bug occurs? You get the audio-visual cue from the spotting camera, ammo is also used. But no enemies are spotted, no points will be awarded.
What should be happening instead? Enemies should be spotted, points should be awarded.

EDIT 06.September 2019: I think that Patch 4.4 patched this problem. The Blenheim MkI Camera now works about 80% of all tries, I think. I have not tested the other planes, yet. Thank you, DICE! I just hat some enjoyable strafing runs!

Message 1 of 27 (2,252 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BFV Plane spotting cameras not working, Ju-88 C, Blenheim MKI

★★★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Blueberry , as of 06. September 2019 I think the bug has been fixed with the most recent patch 4.4. Only had time to test the Blenheim Mk I camera yet, not the other planes, but I think it now works as intended. Thx a lot to the whole team! I (and some guys on the enemy team Cool ) had blast!

View in thread

Message 25 of 27 (1,671 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@Fischmaster3000 I can confirm the spotting camera is also broken in the Stutka, Spitfire, and BF-109. I did quite a lot of flying on June 25 after the patch was applied and none of the spotting cameras work anymore on any of the aircraft equipped with it. Spotting was inconsistent before the patch, but after the patch it is completely broken. No 2D spotting on the map, no 3D spotting, and no spot assist points. My squad confirmed that they are not seeing the 2D spots on their map either. This bug basically cripples half of the aircraft in the game.

Dice, while you're fixing this can you please fix the inconsistent spotting bug that was reported back in Nov 2018?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Spotted-targets-visibility-inconsistent-from-the-air/m-p/72018...

Message 2 of 27 (2,222 Views)

★★ Novice
@B0TTLECAP Correction, just reread my post and the bug is not present on the Spitfire but on both BF-109s. The bug is confirmed on the Bf-109 G-2, BF-109G-6, The Stuka B-2, the Blenheim MKI and the JU-88 C.

Thanks
Message 3 of 27 (2,219 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Blenheim MKI is unaffected

Message 4 of 27 (2,171 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I found it when using Ju88c and since I haven't tried other planes, I cannot tell whether it malfunctions on all planes. I posted this issue on twitter and someone works for EA help replied to my tweet, hope they could fix it for the next patch ASAP as I earn most of the pilot points by spotting and spot assist LOL......

Message 5 of 27 (2,166 Views)

★★ Guide

They also need to fix the visibility of spotted players from the air as well.

Message 6 of 27 (2,078 Views)

Community Manager

What specializations are you all using? If you can post a screenshot that would help because we've seen some issues like this related to specialization in the past.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 27 (2,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What sucks is if you are Tier 3 trying to unlock Tier 4 on the JU-88C.   

Spotting camera doesn't work so your plane is basically useless and you can't reset specializations until level 4... but good luck getting to level 4 because your plane is garbage. You have to resort to trying to strafe infantry and down planes. Which, given that load out and the hit registry bugs, hasn't been the easiest to accomplish. 

Message 8 of 27 (2,031 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Fischmaster3000 I can confirm that Blenheim's , Stukka's and BF109's Spotting camera's do absolutely nothing for me on PC! No matter my Specialization loadout.

Message 9 of 27 (1,969 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, i unlock the spotting camera perk with the JU 88 C and it's not working.
I'm stuck with this * and i can't remove it because i'm not lvl 4 with this plane, thanks DICE Thumbs up

Message 10 of 27 (1,933 Views)