Re: BF2042 Portal server browser is not showing me an active server in my reigon

by MrJimBF

Original Post

BF2042 Portal server browser is not showing me an active server in my reigon.

★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 2042
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 3090 RTX
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Portal server browser
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? None in particular, I cannot find a server that I know is active
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29.11.21 12:56
Summarize your bug There is a server named "Karma Community Milsim BF3 Rush" that has been confirmed to be active in North America per other plays in a community I am a part of. I cannot find this server despite extensive attempts to using the search function in BF2042 portal. Again, I know this server exists and is active as other players have told me they are able to join it, but when I search for it, either nothing comes up or unrelated servers populate. I think there is an error in the search function, or an error in how the game presents active servers to me. At boot, the game gives me error code: 2:2600 J at the top right of my screen.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am unsure- I know that I have the issue whenever i boot up the game. I get the error code 2:2600J and then cannot find the server in the browser.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot find or join the server I want to.
What should be happening instead? The server I am searching for should populate.

From top to bottom:

When I boot up 2042, I get error code 2:2600 J in the top right hand corner of the screen.

From there, when I enter the portal server browser, I cannot find a server that I know for certain exists.  The server in question is named "Karma Community Milsim BF3 Rush".  I have extensively tried different search options but cannot find said server despite being in N. America where it is hosted, and attempting all manners of searches.

I know this server is active and populated because of other players who are in the same gaming community I am.

I would like this issue resolved and I think it has to do with how the game can detect and show me servers.

My internet connection is good as well, and other servers do populate, although portal seems awfully vacant compared to what I am led to believe.

Aside from this, I can join games in "All out Warfare" and i have joined other portal modes- although as I said there seem to be almost none that are populated.  

Message 1 of 7 (1,902 Views)

Re: BF2042 Portal server browser is not showing me an active server in my reigon

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jaman014 Happens to me also. We have a clan portal server, but many people can’t find the server.
Message 2 of 7 (1,861 Views)

PS5 Play Error for BF2042

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 2042
Platform:PlayStation 5
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? unsure
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 30.11.2021 09:22 PM
Summarize your bug When I hit X to play conquest it says it loads a game, gives me the countdown and dows the visual around the character and then sends me back to the menu to select a game mode
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure, I am getting the 2.2600J error when opening the game but cannot identify what that bug is referencing since it shows up when I restart the game with and without cross-lay enabled.
What happens when the bug occurs? It sends me back to the select a game mode screen for Play, collection, and store.
What should be happening instead? The game should be starting/loading in

When I hit X to play conquest it says it loads a game, gives me the countdown and dows the visual around the character and then sends me back to the menu to select a game mode

Message 3 of 7 (1,922 Views)

Re: PS5 Play Error for BF2042

★★★ Newbie

I’m facing the same issue. Click here for the video.

Message 4 of 7 (1,899 Views)

Re: PS5 Play Error for BF2042

★★★★★ Newbie

That is a great video! Exactly the issue I am having too!

Message 5 of 7 (1,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jaman014 find a fix?
Message 6 of 7 (1,517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

portal servers are gone? cant find any

Message 7 of 7 (1,464 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help