Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [BDK] Still has effects even after I turned them off

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them, including the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by starting a new save and then turn off the Bust The Dust effects
What happens when the bug occurs? the dust bunnies, dust piles and moodlets still appear
What do you expect to see? not the dust bunnies, dust piles and moodlets because the pack effects are turned off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have purchased the new kits and this is the first time extensively playing with them

Hello, I have bought the new Kits and after being annoyed with the five dust bunnies per day, I turned off the effects of that kit. The bunnies disappeared and there seemed to be no more dust/sparkle effect on the floor. My sim kept the 'inspired by cleanliness' moodlet though it disappeared after restarting the game. After a few sim days, however, the dust bunnies returned and there were piles of dust and my sim had a negative effect from too much dust. (I assume it only appears in the later/latest stage of the dusting because it was fine until then)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 37 (5,651 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Still has effects even after I turned them off

Hero

"Bust the Dust" visual effects no longer appear when the Dust system is turned off.

Fixed in Patch 1.91.186/1.63

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 37 of 37 (2,291 Views)

All Replies

Re: [BDK] Still has effects even after I turned them off

Hero
@notloganhowlett Could you try turning them on again, then save, close the game, reload, turn off again, save, close the game and reload again to see if that helps matters ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (5,510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I did that already and while that got rid of the effects for a few sim days, they eventually returned

Message 3 of 37 (5,487 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have videos of this happening, and it happens frequently even after turning the game and my PC off. Is there a way I can send the videos or anything else? it's clear the toggle is broken, toggling it on and then off again gets rid of it but not for very long, it just decides to reactivate itself. 

Message 4 of 37 (5,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've investigated this particular bug as much as I can.  I've tried new saved games, even reinstalling the whole game after erasing every aspect of the game except having the old Sims 4 directory backed up on another hard drive, and so far my only solution has been to not install the pack or to add "-disablepacks:SP22" to the command line arguments in "Advanced Launch Options" under properties of the Origin launcher.  That basically just disables the whole pack as if you never installed it.  I hope they do fix the toggle though in options, even without the dust system, I'd like the vacuum cleaners and I refuse to use mods or custom content.  I only play one sim, with aging turned off for my households, and the dust system is way too fast for me.  However, that's a different bug and I already me too'd in it.  Hope my solution helps you, until they have a fix.

Message 5 of 37 (5,303 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I see this on PS5. I've enabled, saved, disabled reloaded, started a new game. The dust accumulates if you spend enough time on a lot with the pack disabled. Traveling clears it for a bit before it comes back, but the buffs remain.

The Sims™ 4_20210305180014.jpg

New game, options off, sparkling clean buff, and dust piles and a bunny in the background.

The Sims™ 4_20210305185833.jpg

Message 6 of 37 (5,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this is connected but when I turn the pack effects off, I start getting puddles of water in the same places that the dust piles were showing up at.

It's like it is still trying to dirty my house without the dust effects turned on. I know it's not the paranormal pack Bonehilda water drink bug, because these puddles would appear when my sim was not drinking anything at all, or doing things like working on building a rocket outside.

I also don't like when I finally manage to get the house clean, as hard as it is to do with how fast it gets dirty, and my sim doesn't want to do anything but vacuum outside.

Message 7 of 37 (5,227 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Today, I removed the command line I was using to disable the pack, and decided to try other things.  I cleared my Origin cache complete and the Sims 4 cache completely.  I also allowed it to download Sims 4 Legacy Edition, however I don't use it, it just started auto downloading it after I cleared the cache.  I make sure I use the 64 bit version of the game.  So, I loaded up the Sims 4, and the option is uncheckmarked for the dust system, which if I recall is turning it off.  Apparently my save remembers that.  And now I'm about 5 days into the game and have not seen a single dust pile or anything.  I think somehow something I did there, fixed the option.  I don't know what.  However, I will respond if the dust comes back.  Sorry!

Message 8 of 37 (5,217 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Still has effects even after I turned them off

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

After a little longer testing I can confirm this. The settings do not stick in a new game. After a while dust/bunnies and buffs are back. At least it removes the sparkle that gave me headache.

Best solution remove the kit and start a new game or roll back to a save who's never had this kit.

Message 9 of 37 (5,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So, been playing Sims 4 since the post that says it is 5 hours ago, still no dust bunnies or dust piles.  I have no idea what I did that fixed it.  I have the pack NOT DISABLED as far as the command line argument, the option in the game to remove dust is set to remove the dust mechanics from the game, and both my saves no longer spawn dust bunnies or dust piles.  It's as if the pack is not installed, yet I can still buy the vacuums.  I went through the whole process that I did, I also had repaired the game after doing all that.  So, something I did, or the combination of things, or did you roll out some hotfix or something?  I have no idea, it's working as intended, the option switch for me.  I'm not going to toggle it on though, to see if it truly is fixed.  It's working now as intended, not gonna tempt fate.  Unless you think I should to see if I can recreate the bug?  I don't know.

To reitinerate what I did, in more detail.

• I closed Sims 4 and Origin Launcher completely.
  • I went to my Sims 4 directory under documents and deleted the localthumbcache.package and basically what any guide on the internet will tell you to clear the Sims 4 cache.
  • I went to my Origin directory under ProgramData/Origin and DELETED everything in that directory *EXCEPT* LocalContent directory.
  • I went to my AppData directory under my user name for Windows 10, and went into ROAMING and deleted the Origin directory and went into LOCAL as well under AppData and deleted the Origin directory.
  • I then restarted Origin launcher, it prompted me for my email and password.
  • I had to enter a security code for 2 factor authentication.
  • Sims 4 legacy edition started to download right away, I was going to abort it as usual, but I looked it up online and it said it can be installed.  It basically just gives you the option to run the 32 bit edition.  I made sure it was set to 64 bit after the download, which means it didn't use the legacy version.
  • I then checked the command line under advanced launch settings and it had already deleted the "-disablepacks:SP22" thing that I had added that disabled the pack.
  • I then chose update Sims 4, not sure if it needed one, I just made it do that.
  • Then I chose to repair Sims 4 through the same way you update it.
  • I then ran it, when it was done!  Went into my normal save game, and looked at the option that disables the dust in the game, and it was unchecked, which meant it was off.
  • Dust piles, dust bunnies, nothing spawned anymore.  It was fixed.  I don't know how it fixed, but it did it!

That's exactly what I did in order, and it worked.  I don't know if any one or single step in there did the job.  I have no idea.  I hope this information helps anyone else experiencing this bug.

Message 10 of 37 (5,139 Views)