by JulietJuly22

Original Post

[BDK] Sims don't vacuum when the house is extra dirty

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a house become dirty enough that even the pets get embarrassed (I have no idea if that's supposed to happen, but it does lol). Once sims get the "It's Not Always Like This" moodlet from it being too dirty, try to vacuum.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims have vacuums in their inventory. I've tried with both handheld and floor, with only one of each and nothing matters. Once the house is super dirty, they cannot vacuum. They walk to where I tell them to vacuum but then nothing. When the house is this dirty, they also no longer have the option to vacuum the counters or any other objects. The sims in question have a maid, she also does not vacuum or dust. Sims can still use the handheld vacuum to clean toddlers BUT it doesn't actually play the animation. The toddler gets cleaner and both parent/toddler get the moodlet, but that's it.
What do you expect to see? The sims vacuum when told to, plus the maid actually busting the dust.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This began after the April 28th patch. Upside, my sims are no longer vacuuming like their lives depend on it. Downside, they no longer vacuum at all.

I have tried everything I can think of, shy of moving the sims to another lot. But I've bulldozed the house and put it back down. I repaired my game. I cleared my cache. I played in another household (I can't stay in another long enough right now for it to get dirty enough to test this because I have sims in University and if I don't send them, they will fail). I played in another world. 

But once my current household's home gets dirty, it just stays that way. I have to keep cheating the embarrassed moodlet away. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 3 (579 Views)

Re: Sims unable to vacuum after 4.28 patch

Hero
@JulietJuly22 Do you have a save where the house currently is in that state ? If so, would you mind sending me the save for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (549 Views)

Re: Sims unable to vacuum after 4.28 patch

★★ Guide
@crinrict Hi! I sent you a link to my save file. Thanks!
Message 3 of 3 (517 Views)