by Chebadoo

Original Post

[OPEN] [BDK] Showing Clean and Dusty moodlets Simultaneously

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with dust effects enabled
What happens when the bug occurs? The sparkling clean and dusty area moodlets and simultaneously present
What do you expect to see? One or the other
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. August 30 2022 patch

After the last patch I have been seeing both the clean moodlet and the dusty moodlet simultaneously, however there is still no visible dust after 2 Sim weeks of gameplay. Vacuuming gives me 3 moodlets: Perfection, Dusty and Sparkling. (This might belong in the No dust thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-BDK-No-Dust-Appearing-on-Residential-Lots/td-p/11674920)

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 6.17.35 PM.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 5 of 16 (4,369 Views)

Someone Lives Here Moodlet Even the House is Clean

★★★ Apprentice

My sims house in Windenburg where the Vatores live has the "Someone Lives Here" moodlet even the house is clean. Is there a way to have this fixed? Thanks

Someone Lives Here Moodlet.jpg

Message 1 of 16 (4,439 Views)

Re: Someone Lives Here Moodlet Even the House is Clean

Hero
@SimmerCarl92 Dust is pretty broken currently and is not spawning. Maybe the game thinks there still dust although you can't see it ?

Can you try moving the Sim out and back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (4,405 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem. My sims also lives in Windenburg. I also get the someone lives here moodlet even tho the house is clean.

Message 3 of 16 (4,356 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Similar to the suggestion to move,    I just discovered that if I disable dust in the  Game Options > Pack Options     and then shortly  re-enable it   that got rid of the someone lives here moodlet.   My floors (for now at least...)   are registering as clean with my Sim.

Message 4 of 16 (4,336 Views)

Re: Bust the Dust showing Clean and Dusty Simultaneously

Hero
@DizzyDee-K Sounds like a mixture of this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/Someone-Lives-Here-Moodlet-Even-the-House-is-Clean/... and the dust not working.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (4,329 Views)

Re: [BDK] Showing Clean and Dusty moodlets Simultaneously

★ Guide

Yeah, having the same issue, even though all floors are cleaned and vacuumed. Tried in different worlds, happens every time 😔

Message 7 of 16 (3,992 Views)

Re: [BDK] Showing Clean and Dusty moodlets Simultaneously

★ Guide

I keep having this happen, too. It's even happening in new saves with no CC. Bust the Dust seems to be completely broken at this point... I also don't have dust appearing. The moodlet may be there but it never gets dirty. And I just started a brand new save, moved into a lot on Tartosa, swam OUT INTO THE OCEAN beside an empty, unowned lot, and my Sim got a negative moodlet for flirting with another Sim in a filthy area...

Message 8 of 16 (3,923 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Showing Clean and Dusty moodlets Simultaneously

★★ Novice

Same thing happening here! It's so annoying, there's no dust never and still this moodlet never goes away, neither the "sparkling clean"

Message 9 of 16 (3,344 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Showing Clean and Dusty moodlets Simultaneously

★ Guide

Same thing happens to me, I had to turn off the dust (again), honestly I haven't been able to enjoy this kit yet, it never worked well for me and I always end up turning it off. Even a few days ago, I reinstalled the game and tried the fully vanilla game, but no, it doesn't work.

Message 10 of 16 (3,296 Views)