by beevocado

Original Post

[OPEN] [BDK] Roof terrace is dirty but can't be vacuumed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work Get Together City Living Cats & Dogs Seasons Get Famous Island Living Discover University Eco Lifestyle Snowy Escape Outdoor Retreat Spa Day Dine Out Vampires Parenthood Realm of Magic Dream Home Decorator Cool Kitchen Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Kids Room Stuff Laundry Day Stuff Tiny Living Stuff Nifty Knitting Stuff Paranormal Stuff Throwback Fit Kit Country Kitchen Kit Bust The Dust Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build an outdoor roof terrace on top of a house, fenced off with stairs leading up to it, and no roof overtop it. There should not be anything else on the second floor of the house (no second floor bedrooms for example). The roof terrace will become dirty over time and Sims will be uncomfortable, however Sims will not vacuum it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are always uncomfortable on the roof terrace.
What do you expect to see? Roof terraces should not become dirty.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Screenshot of the issue:

bug report.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 8 of 24 (3,068 Views)

Roof terrace can't be vacuumed but sims feel uncomfortable due to dirty area

★★★ Newbie

My sims'  house has got a a roof terrace which they can't vacuum but they feel uncomfortable when spending time up there as the dirty surroundings moodlet comes up. 

Message 1 of 24 (3,165 Views)

Re: Roof terrace can't be vacuumed but sims feel uncomfortable due to dirty area

Champion (Retired)

@Runa2312 

Look for dirty dishes placed on shelves or other thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 24 (3,133 Views)

Re: Roof terrace can't be vacuumed but sims feel uncomfortable due to dirty area

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I've done this already! It's happening since I got the bust the dust pack and is the moodlet for when an area hasn't been cleaned in a while... 

I believe it hasn't got anything to do with plates etc but cleaning and vacuuming. 

Message 3 of 24 (3,122 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Runa2312 

How big exactly is the terrace?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 24 (3,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's the whole house size, so quite big. Basically the house I've got has a flat roof and I have built a staircase to access it and placed things on top of the roof. 

Message 5 of 24 (3,110 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Runa2312 

So it is not the size that prevents you from vacuuming it so we are back to something smelly stuck somewhere. You can hire a maid perhaps he/she can find it.

Message 6 of 24 (3,101 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem as well Frown 

I can confirm it's not something dirty on the roof, i actually destroyed and rebuilt the entire terrace in an attempt to fix it and the problem came right back.

Message 7 of 24 (3,052 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@beevocado 

Check your inventory.

A good tip to get something dirty in an inaccessible place is to hire a scheduled maid Travel to somewhere else before her work schedule starts and return later. you will get a note that a maid cleaned the house and everything dirty has been removed by the game.

Message 9 of 24 (3,043 Views)

★★★ Novice

It literally only happens on the roof terrace, my sim is fine everywhere else, but when I do "check dust levels" on the roof it says it's dirty. 

It's nothing in the inventory, and I'm not gonna hire a maid every week just because of a bug :/

bug report.png

Message 10 of 24 (3,041 Views)