by zirize

Original Post

[BDK] Maid never stops vacuuming

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020 64 bit
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a daily maid, go to work as detective
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim goes to work, he lives alone, i send him to work alone sometimes and leave the camera on the apartment to watch the maid. when the maid arrives they clean the apartment but when they start vacuuming they never stop. i have to manually dismiss the maid when my sim eventually comes home from work.
What do you expect to see? the maid to stop vacuuming and finish her day. this happens even when i disable dust the bust in the setting menu
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim goes to work, he lives alone, i send him to work alone sometimes and leave the camera on the apartment to watch the maid. when the maid arrives they clean the apartment but when they start vacuuming they never stop. i have to manually dismiss the maid when my sim eventually comes home from work.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (1,406 Views)

Re: Maid never stops vacuuming

★★ Guide

In my game, they stop "eventually" - from 5~6 sim hours to "i have no idea how many" depending on the size of houses.

Message 2 of 6 (1,367 Views)

NPC sims vacuuming a clean house for hours

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.38
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bust the Dust kit NIfty knitting Discover university Tiny living Laundry day stuff Seasons Parenthood Toddler stuff Cats & dogs Get to work Dine out Cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a maid use a hoover=vacuum
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will vacuum to perfection. Leave for work. Maid comes in. Hoovers for six hours an already sparkling clean house, leave. Child returns from school does homework, naps plays, etc parent returns home. Cooks dinner. Dust piles appear, then bunnies turn up by midnight.
What do you expect to see? The maid to only vacuum if needed. Not to vacuum for six hours on top of the three hours cleaning the home. For dust not to build up so quickly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Dust build up and NPC vacuuming for hours 

Message 3 of 6 (1,351 Views)

Re: [BDK] Maid never stops vacuuming

Hero
There's also a thread for non-maids here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BDK-Wont-stop-Vacuuming/td-p/10125109

Leaving this separater for now but might merge later.

Please use the thread that currently best fits your issue (or both)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,340 Views)

★★ Guide

same on XB1, the maid just wouldnt stop vacuuming though the floor was already sparkling=clean.

Message 5 of 6 (1,302 Views)

★ Guide

I have the exact opposite: 

Maid doesn't do anything, only takes out trash. Plates on the table, dust bunnies everywhere. Maid left and charged 70 simoleons. Only was in there for 30 sim minutes. 

Do I make a different bug report? Or do we conclude that the maid service is once again completely broken? 

Message 6 of 6 (1,235 Views)