Re: [BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings (when clean)

by daikoyu

Original Post

[BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings (when clean)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.94.147.1030 - current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except modern menswear.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1 Load into the game. Leave the lot, return. Sim walks to front door and sniffs. 2 Invite over anyone, the guest walks to the front door & sniffs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims walk to the front door & excessively sniff when entering the lot. If you are on the lot for any length of time they will again sniff. Just stop what they are doing, cancel the action & sniff. I hosted a dinner party as soon as I loaded into my game post update & 12 Sims crowded into my front door, got stuck sniffing & honestly why?
What do you expect to see? No excessive sniffing. No group sniffing. No unison sniffing. No sniffing was soon as you enter the home/lot. No party sniffing. I am not hosting that kind of party. Please stop sniffing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm unsure how to answer when did this bug start. It's been happening so long I have no idea anymore. All I know is the thread that says the bug exists is now marked as fixed & it clearly is not.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-BDK-Excessive-smelling-of-surroundings-even-when-dirty/t...

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 3 (730 Views)

Re: Excessive smelling of surroundings.

Hero
@iheartsandwiches I think they mainly fixed the part where they sniffed even when it was dirty. Do you still have that too (probably a bit hard to tell though with the dust being broken).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (681 Views)

Re: [BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings (when clean)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

They tuned it down a lot. Sim will once sniff if they enter the house and then for a while not. I think this is by designed and is a lot better with this bugfix.

It works like the thermostat idle just better. Sims will not perform this idle again if they enter the home  after they just empty the trash can or go for a short gardening outdoor (and they don’t sniff each time they change level/floor!)

On this term I can live with this sniffing idle. 

Message 3 of 3 (637 Views)