[BDK] Can't vacuum < 4 floor tiles - tiles still get dirty

by PearTreeBark

Original Post

Re: bust the dust can't vacuum tiny house

[ Edited ]
Message 11 of 17 (2,695 Views)

Hero
@DragonAge_300905 The bust the dust for for haunted houses is on the laundry list for the next patch (coming this week) so maybe they also fix the bust the dust.

Could you re-check once the patch hits ? Leaving this for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 17 (2,675 Views)

[ Edited ]

@crinrict  I have already fixed my lot so I can use the upright vacuum on my tiny house lot.I can now check the dust level of the house which means dust and dust bunnies will start happening on the lot.

The reason I could not use the upright vacuum anywhere on my lot was because I had a 1 X 6 tile pier, (walkway, whatever you want to call it) going to the only entrance to my houseboat.

I was able to vacuum with the upright vacuum on my lot by moving the houseboat out of the water and putting the stairs under the door entrance. In which my sim would go vacuum outside after I told him to vacuum inside my tiny houseboat.

The issue or bug stems from the sim not being able to keep the command to vacuum and walk on the pier or walkway (to the entrance of the tiny house) to vacuum the ground outside when the house is too small to vacuum inside. The pier or walkway to the entrance can be used by the sim to enter the house but the command to vacuum doesn't carry over from (inside the house to over) the walkway to the ground outside when your sim is commanded to vacuum inside the tiny house. That is the best way I can explain the issue. Sorry If it's not a good explanation.

Message 13 of 17 (2,659 Views)

Hero
@DragonAge_300905 So basically this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BE-Can-t-vacuum-lt-4-floor-tiles-but-tiles-still-get-dirty/td-... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 17 (2,654 Views)

Yes her #6 post explains the issue with small entrance walkways. I clicked a me too on the report.

Message 15 of 17 (2,649 Views)

Hero
@DragonAge_300905 I merged your thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 17 (2,645 Views)

Re: [BDK] Can't vacuum < 4 floor tiles - tiles still get dirty

★★★★ Apprentice

I play rotation and have families using both the prebuilt underground boathouse in Sulani and the under the plane house in Strangerville.  Both houses have very tiny entryways on the ground floor before going down to the basement.  I had expanded the boathouse one to be able to vacuum it (decreasing the stairs and widening the wall and expand the room as much as possible to be able to vacuum.  I took a couple of months' break, and now I can't vacuum either.  The boathouse one doesn't even look dusty...

Message 17 of 17 (2,408 Views)