by PearTreeBark

Original Post

[BDK] Can't vacuum < 4 floor tiles - tiles still get dirty

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino, as well as Bust the Dust and Country Living (no other Kits)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim live at Admiral’s Wreckage. Let the front doorway become filthy. Then try to vacuum it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim vacuums the front yard instead of the doorway itself, which remains visibly grimy. The Sim will still get the “Filthy” moodlets while in their front yard.
What do you expect to see? The Sim vacuums the doorway when it is selected, so the grime goes away and the moodlets turn positive.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the Bust to Dust and Country Living kits.

Vacuuming inside the house works just fine. I have not played any other households since getting the kits, so I don’t know what it is about this doorway that’s broken. I haven’t altered it from its original state.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title 

Message 1 of 17 (2,642 Views)

Re: Can’t vacuum front doorway of Admiral’s Wreckage, so yard stays Filthy

Hero
@PearTreeBark Did you leave the lot as off-grid ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,605 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Good question! I did not.

However, I recently realized that my vacuum was broken (after I posted this, I suddenly couldn’t vacuum anywhere else either; I first tried turning Bust the Dust on and off but that did nothing, so it finally occurred to me to check the vacuum itself.) so. I will keep you updated on whether that was all it was (can’t tell yet).

Side note: Repairing the vacuum seemed to be broken, but I’m not sure if this is a bug or just a result of buying the cheapest vacuum since there were no numbers for reliability. It worked initially but broke again before I’d finished cleaning; my sim’s attempt to repair it took so long that it got her from level 1 to level 5 handiness, at which point the vacuum caught fire and had to be replaced.

Message 3 of 17 (2,573 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update: Turning the kit off and back on and getting a new vacuum did not fix the original problem, so it does seem to be a problem with the lot itself. Which is really annoying.

Message 4 of 17 (2,562 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think I figured out what aspect of the lot is causing the issue, through experimenting.

This house is underground, with only a 2-tile entrance aboveground. You can’t vacuum on a floor without at least 4 floor tiles. But a floor with fewer than 4 tiles can still get dirty.

So if I expand the entrance to 4 tiles, I can vacuum it. That does work.

Message 5 of 17 (2,560 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PearTreeBark Another thing that works is to simply remove the entryway altogether, so that there is no floor to have to clean. No front door either, but it does solve the problem of having an unvacuumable floor.
Message 6 of 17 (2,555 Views)

Hero
@PearTreeBark Good find. I've adjusted the title a bit then to reflect that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (2,520 Views)

bust the dust can't vacuum tiny house

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? lastest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs and kits except for the outfit kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download my lot and try to vacuum with the upright vacuum anywhere in the 64 tiles tiny house boat.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim walks to the area and waves their arms. Can't vacuum anywhere on the lot.Using a hand held vacuum doesn't complete the vacuum for 3 hours of the pristine aspiration.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to vacuum outside of the houseboat on the ground, or the hand held vacuum to complete the vacuum for 3 hours aspiration requirement.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Can't complete pristine aspiration because I can't use the upright vacuum inside my 64 tiles tiny houseboat. The lot is on the gallery at the link below. The tiny houseboat has been play tested to verify that sims can use all items and enter all rooms.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/69473A17A6E311EB84FD4D68E38405F0?categ... 

Message 8 of 17 (2,483 Views)

Re: bust the dust can't vacuum tiny house

i made a post in the feed back thread explaining the bug of not being able to complete the aspirations that came with this kit.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987814/bust-the-dust-kit-fixes-updates-bugs-what-need-to... 

Message 9 of 17 (2,458 Views)

Re: bust the dust can't vacuum tiny house

Hero
@DragonAge_300905 Do you get actual dust in a tiny home ?

There's a known issue with tiny homes but it's about not actually getting any dust/bunnies: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BDK-TL-Bust-the-Dust-Kit-doesn-t-integrate-well-with-tiny-home...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (2,445 Views)